VubaGrid – 1m2 Cellular Paving Grid
VubaGrid is a Heavy Duty Cellular Paving Grid, that is ideal for use on patios and paths where there isn’t a concrete or tarmac base to lay onto. Perfect for use in conjunction with our VUBA 1m2 DIY Resin Bound Kits.
VubaGrid is more cost effective, easier and less weather dependent than other load bearing solid bases such as Concrete or Asphalt, or Tarmac, with a load bearing capacity of 320 Tonnes per m2.
VubaGrid is supplied in m2 squares, and is made up of honeycomb sections that are capable of adapting to the natural cambers and irregularities of the sub-base. VubaGrid is 40mm thick, manufactured by VUBA using 100% Recycled Plastic.
Each Section of VubaGrid is 1m2 (4 x 500mm x 500mm Modules), 40mm Depth and 5.6kg per m2 in weight.
VubaGrid is most commonly used to hold gravel in place, to prevent slipage of gravel across patios, paths and on driveways; or as a base for resin bound surfacing – and ideal used with our VUBA 1m2 DIY Resin Bound Landscaping Kits. As a Resin Bound Base, VubaGrid is 100% SUDS Compliant.
What can VubaGrid be used for?
VubaGrid is typically used for:
- To hold loose gravel in place for patios, paths, driveways and carparks. The VubaGrid prevents rutting and displaced aggregate.
- To hold decorative gravel in place to be treated with Easihold Pour On Resin Binder. This is highly effective for pedestrian traffic.
- As a base for Resin Bound Surfacing – such as our VUBA 1m2 DIY Resin Bound Kits. VubaGrid is filled with angular stone and can be overlaid using a Resin Bound System.
VubaGrid Features & Benefits:
For use as a base on Resin Bound Surfacing, VubaGrid has many advantages over traditional Asphalt (Tarmac) or Concrete Bases:
- Completely permeable
- Can be installed in all weathers
- No waiting for your subbase to ‘go off’ – Same day application for the base & resin
- Less mess on site than traditional methods
- No waiting for curing times
VubaGrid Technical Specification
- Size: 1m2
- Gasoline/ Diesel Resistance: Resistant
- Minimum Application Temp: -20oC
- Maximum Application Temp: +65oC
- Suitable Substrates: Compacted MOT Type 1 or Type 3
- Curing Schedule Guide: N/A
- Brand: Vuba
Guidelines for Installation of VubaGrid:
- Lay out the VubaGrid system, ensuring there are no voids or gaps beneath the grid system.
- Place VubaGrid Cellular Grid Units onto the prepared and consolidated surface with spikes pointing downwards. Edging boards or kerbs can be used where required.
- Connect the grids using ground spikes or loops, progressing over the area in rows.
- The cellular grid can be easily cut using a hand saw or power saw, to fit around curves and any obstructions.
- Fill the grids to the top of the cells with 5-10 mm angular stone.
- Use a light vibrating or wacker plate to consolidate the VubaGrid and aggregate in-fill. Top up VubaGrid cells with aggregate as necessary. Please note that fully rounded ‘pea gravel’ is not recommended.
- The surface is then ready to be treated with Easihold or overlaid using the VUBA 1m2 DIY Resin Bound Kits.
Points of Note for VubaGrid:
- Where vehicular traffic is to be present, it is recommended the entry point is kerbed to prevent impact damage on the VubaGrid.
- Edging is also necessary around the perimeter of the installation to prevent lateral movements and for aiding gravel/aggregate retention.
- Maximum recommended gradient for vehicular use is 11º
For vehicular traffic, we recommend the following installation guidelines.
- Excavate or clear the site in preparation for the laying procedure as detailed above. Lay MOT Type 1 or Type 3 base and ensure it is fully compacted.
- Cover area with a Geotextile filter membrane to prevent growth of weeds.|
- Install a bedding layer of 30mm from sharp sand to prevent damage to the textile membrane. Compact the bedding layer using a vibrating plate.
What is resin bound paving?
Resin-bound paving is a hardened mixture of small aggregate such as marble, granite or quartz and a resin mixed together to pave patios, footpaths and driveways.
What are VUBA 1m2 DIY Resin Bound Kits?
The VUBA 1m2 DIY Resin Bound Kit is a great way to create a resin bound path or patio yourself at home. These easy to use kits are perfect for landscapers, builders and DIY enthusiasts to create fantastic resin bound surfaces without expensive equipment.
Each Resin Bound Kit contains a 25kg bag of washed and dried decorative stones, a bottle of Part A Resin, and Part B Hardener. This DIY Resin Kit is everything you need to lay 1m2 of Resin Aggregate Surfacing on a path or patio.
Who are VUBA?
Vuba are a leading, UK based, independent resin manufacturer, that develop, test and produce DIY and Contractor friendly resin bound paving materials for the UK and Worldwide markets. Established in 2009 their innovative products are now being used by people all across the world, and have become synonymous with quality and convenience in resin surfacing for patios, paths, driveways and carparks.
What type of sub-base must resin bound paving be laid on?
VUBA 1m2 DIY Resin Bound Kit must be laid on to a solid base, a structure which is load bearing, not susceptible to cracking and ideally is permeable, our VubaGrid Cellular Grid Units are perfect for this, and are permeable.
What type of base can resin bound paving be laid on?
Resin bound kits can be laid onto our VubaGrid Cellular Grid Units, concrete, tarmac, asphalt, or other hard landscaping surfaces.
For further help or to chat to us about the rest of our paving materials range, give us a call ☎️ 0330 122 1025 or 01827 794 350