Joint-It Simple 20KG: Brush-in Paving Jointing Mortar
Joint-It Simple is a revolutionary new brush in paving jointing compound, that is trusted by professional paving contractors, as it’s quick & simple to install, easy to use, durable and has a great finish.
Joint-It Simple is a water permeable, cement-free, ready-mixed paving jointing compound made from a mixture of specialist, non-hazardous, sands and glues, that provides a durable, weed free finish.
Pointing with traditional sand and cement is extremely time consuming, laborious and doesn’t always last. Joint-It Simple is a sweep-in jointing grout that is really fast and easy to use. Whereas many other leading brush-in grouts and mortars can crack and loosen, Joint-It Simple sets rock hard, stopping weed growth and eliminating the need to re-sand your patio or drive each year.
Why does Joint-It Simple last? It has been specially manufactured with seven types of unique, specialist adhesives that give it its strength, this ensures that it will stay in your joints for many years to come.
Joint-It is a simple to use, premium patio grout that makes pointing joints in patios, paved areas or driveways effortless. All you need to get started is a hard and soft brush, clean water, and a bucket of Joint-It Simple Brush-in Paving Jointing Mortar.
Available in four colours, Joint-It Simple comes in Neutral, Grey, Dark Grey & Black, vacuum packed inside a bag to keep it fresh, and supplied in a 20KG reusable bucket. Joint-It Simple can be part used, any product left can be stored with a layer of water covering it, and it will stay fresh, ready for the next time you need it!
Key Features & Benefits of Joint-It Simple:
- Ready to use formulation, straight from the bucket
- Easy, fast application, simple to apply and durable
- Suitable for Porcelain, Sandstone, Limestone, Slate, Concrete Slabs / Paving, Yorkstone, Granite, Quartz
- Joints from 3mm wide – 25mm deep
- Long lasting, non-staining
- Weed, power-washer safe & frost resistant
- Apply in wet or dry weather – rain is no problem!
- 20KG buckets, jointing mortar is vacuum packed in a bag to stop air getting to the product
- Available in 4 colours – Neutral, Grey, Dark Grey & Black
- Store and use again if you do not use the entire tub of Joint-it Simple
- Joint-It Simple can only be used on a permeable base. If the base is completely solid and impermeable, this product will not work
- Joint-It Simple is recommended to be used on a permeable bed of sand and cement, at a ratio of 6:1.
- When applying Joint-It Simple, use plenty of water and remove all excess product from the top of the slabs at the end of the application
How do I apply Joint-It Simple?
- Firstly soak your paving slabs with water, then open your bucket of Joint-It Simple
- Keep the paving soaked with water whilst you work. Do not allow the paving to dry as you work with the product. Keep re-wetting the paving as you go
- Open the bucket of Joint-It Simple, the brush in jointing mortar is vacuum packed tightly inside the bag, open the bag and tip the product out onto your wet paving
- Use a hard bristle brush to work Joint-It Simple into the joints
- Keep the paving soaked with water while you work. Do not allow the paving to dry as you work, keep re-wetting the paving as you work
- Soak Again – when all of the joints are full of the jointing mortar, soak the paving again with water
- Allow the paving and Joint-It Simple ready-mixed brush-in paving jointing compound to dry. Depending on weather conditions, this will take between 15 to 45 minutes
- Using a soft bristle brush, sweep over the paved patio area and top up any joints with product until all of the joints are completely full
- Sweep up and remove any excess product off the surface of the paving slabs
- Any Joint-It Simple paving compound can be left in the bucket, just leave a layer of clean water over it and it’ll keep for 12 weeks in case you need to top up your joints again at any point
Joint-It Experts Top Tips!
Joint-It Simple must be used on a permeable base, to allow water to drain through the bed instead of sitting on the top of your slabs. We ideally recommend a 6:1 sand and cement base, Joints must be a minimum of 3mm wide and 25mm deep to ensure the product is stable and secure in the paving joint.
We ideally recommend that Limestone and Flamed/Honed Black Granite paving slabs are pre-sealed prior to application of Joint-It Simple, to prevent any risk of staining. Flamed, honed or Egyptian stone must be sealed on both sides of the paving slab prior to applying Joint-It Simple.
Whilst Joint-It Simple is low maintenance, all patios do require an element of maintenance annually, particularly in areas that are shaded from the sunshine or after the colder, damp winter months. A quick application of Joint-It So Clean will keep your patio looking refreshed, clean and tidy – removing any lichen, moss and algae that may have settled in shaded areas.
🚀 Why Joint-It Simple?
✅ Effortless Application: No more complex procedures or specialist skills required. Joint-It Simple is designed for everyone, making re-pointing your patio simple and effortless
✅ Time-Saving: Spend less time grafting in the garden, and more time enjoying your beautiful outdoor space. Joint-It Simple ensures quick and efficient application, giving you instant results.
✅ Weather-Resistant Brilliance: Unpredictable weather? No problem! Joint-It Simple is engineered to withstand the elements, ensuring longevity and durability.
✅ Stunning Aesthetic Appeal: Achieve a flawless finish that enhances the beauty of your outdoor spaces. Joint-It Simple offers a sleek and polished look, in four beautiful UV resistant colours that last
✅ Versatile: Suitable for a variety of paved surfaces, from stone, porcelain to manmade – Joint-It Simple is ideal for patios, driveways, or garden pathways.
What is Joint-It Simple?
Joint-It Simple is a cement free, water permeable, ready-mixed brush-in paving jointing compound, that has been made from a mixture of seven specialist, non-hazardous, sands and adhesives, that gives a rock hard finish preventing unsightly weed growth.
What colours is Joint-It Simple available in?
Joint-It Simple comes in four beautiful UV resistant colours – Neutral, Grey, Dark Grey and Black. The colour of the lid on the bucket of Joint-It Simple, indicates the colour of the product inside.
What types of paving slabs can Joint-It Simple be used on?
Joint-It Simple is used to fill the joints between Porcelain, Sandstone, Limestone, Slate, Concrete, Yorkstone, Granite, Ceramic and Quartz paving slabs and setts.
What type of bed should Joint-It Simple be laid on?
Joint-It Simple needs a water permeable foundation. Which means the patio bed must be a compacted hardcore foundation approximately 100-150mm in depth. Space must be left to allow for 50mm of sand and cement, plus the depth of your paving slab to sit on top of the paving bed. It’s recommended to use a 6:1 sand & cement, semi dry mixture, layer on top of your compacted hardcore.
Is Joint-It Simple pet friendly?
Joint-It Simple brush in paving jointing compound is a 97% natural, eco-friendly, non toxic paving grout. However as a precaution, and to ensure the safety of pets and children, we do recommend that you keep them away from the area for 24 hours during and post-application, as the product may be harmful if ingested.
Do I need to pre-seal before using Joint-It Simple?
We recommend using Joint-It Premium Seal prior to laying paving if you are using Slate, Black or Blue Limestone or Honed Black Granite. These highly porous paving slabs, stones & setts benefit from being pre-sealed to prevent drawing any of the colour of Joint-It Simple into the soft stones.
Not the right product for you?
Have you heard about Joint-It dynamic? Joint-It Dynamic, two-part resin paving joint system is cement free, and has been designed for use with both permeable & non-permeable beds, to extend the longevity of paving joints in patios and paved areas.
Made for joints of at least 5mm wide and 20mm deep, Joint-It Dynamic is ideal for natural stone, concrete & porcelain paving. Joint-It Dynamic is available in three UV stable, beautiful colours, Buff, Grey and Black. For installation, all you need is a hard and soft brush, clean water, and a paddle mixer.
Joint-It Dynamic provides a strong, flexible, and durable paving joint and is designed to withstand the extremes of the British weather; rain and temperature extremes.