EASY Seal BCS – Block & Concrete Sealant
EASY Seal BCS is a water-based paving block and concrete sealant, this easy to use product is both a surface sealer sand binder. Ideal for both landscaping & driveway contractors and domestic users alike, it provides a wear-resistant coating for concrete & brick surfaces. EASY Seal BCS been specially formulated for block paving, to penetrate through the surface and stabilise the jointing sand. Once dried, this superior sealer & binder ensures that the sand and blocks are bonded together to prevent weed growth!
EASY Seal BCS provides a really durable & lasting surface protection which prevents oil, grease, dirt & grime, prevents algae & lichen growth, eliminates weeds and reduces ant & insect infestations. On previously untreated surfaces this durable sealant penetrates the block paving as well as giving a surface coating, which will give a slightly richer colour and a satin sheen.
EASYSeal BCS can be applied to a variety of concrete paving materials on driveways, paths, walkways and patios.
Features & Benefits
- Coverage: Up to 40m² per 5 litre tub
- High grade water based surface sealer & sand binder
- Provides a wear resistant coating
- Particularly suitable for interlocking concrete & clay blocks
- May be used on slightly damp surfaces (not pooled water)
- Prevents the loss of jointing sand, due to wind & rain
- Bonds both jointing sand & blocks together
- Once fully dry will withstand sensible pressure washing & detergents
- Prevents weed growth in the joints
- Reduces ant & insect infestations
- Impedes algae & lichen growth
- Excellent oil & water repellent
- Resists general dirt & grime
- Ideal for both internal & external use
Instructions for Using EASY Seal BCS
- A minimum of 3 months should be left after the installation of a new driveway or patio before sealing to ensure that any efflorescence or staining has had time to dissipate
- Always do a small patch test area before use, to ensure you are happy with the finish before applying to the whole driveway or block paved area
- EASYSeal BCS is ideally applied to a dry surface but can be used on lightly damp – not wet or soaked surfaces, must be free from standing or ponded water
- Do not apply if rain is expected within a period of 24 hours after application
- Shake tub well before use
- Treat any efflorescence or staining before application, allow a few weeks before applying EASYseal BCS to ensure efflorescence doesn’t reappear
- Clean any jointing sand from the surface & the bevelled edge of interlocking blocks
- Surfaces must be clean with no visible stains, dirt, debris, algae, moss, mould, fungal growths, waxes or coatings – as well as being free of previously applied finishes otherwise there is a risk they will be permanently sealed in after application.
- Protect from rain between coats and for at least 24 hours after the final coat
- Allow at least 8 hours before foot traffic and 3 days for vehicular traffic
- On previously untreated surfaces EASYSeal BCS penetrates through the blocks, leaves a surface protecting coating and also deepens & enriches the colour of the block. The colour enhancement and finish will depend on the porosity of the material on which it is applied – this can be a matt finish to a gentle sheen or satin look
- Keep pets away until surface is fully dry
- Do not apply when the surface temperature is below 5℃
- Apply EASY Seal BCS with a brush, roller or low pressure sprayer at a rate of 3m2 per litre for the first coat
- Work diagonally across the joints, in straight lines & in one direction, do not allow the material to pool
- When working with interlocking blocks take care not to pick up any sand from the joints. Ensure sufficient EASY Seal BCS is applied to soak into the sand, do not allow the material to pool
- Apply two coats, if using a brush or roller, apply the second coat by brushing or rolling at right-angles to the previous coat at a rate of 4 – 6m2 per litre. Apply the second coat between 3 and 24 hours after the first coat is touch dry
Please note: Do not apply EASY Seal BCS to natural stone, it is for concrete block paving. Do not apply to painted surfaces or those that have been previously treated with silicone sealants or other water repellent materials.