Raimondi Pedalo Large Floor Washboy Kit
The ‘Pedalo Large Washboy Kit’ by trusted tilers brand Raimondi is the ultimate tool for cleaning paving grout from patios, or tiling grouts from floors or walls. The grout sponge has a long handle which enables you to work comfortably and efficiently in a completely upright position at all times, saving your knees and back, whilst the pedal action on the bucket eases and speeds the squeezing action of the sponge to remove excess grout fines and water. The sponge float and handle has an ergonomic design that will reach into the tightest areas, whilst the huge 40 litre high capacity tank reduces the need for frequent water changes.
To remove paving grout from a patio or tiling grout from floors or walls, we recommend two washes; an initial rough wash and a further final clean-up wash to remove the remnants of the grout off the area.
On the first rough wash with the Pedalo Large Floor Washboy you simply and gently pull the sponge diagonally across the area, emulsifying the grout and cleaning the sponge as you go using the foot pedal to squeeze the excess water and grout off. We advise changing the water in the Pedalo once every 20 square mtrs.
On the second wash, you let the sponge do the work, adding ‘zero pressure’ onto the handle & sponge (the sponge has intricate cuts in it to assist the removal of the grout). You just simply move the sponge and handle diagonally and slowly removing the grout from the tiles as you go, revealing clean flags or tiles!
- Weight: 10.8KG’s
- Dimensions: 700 x 550 x 400mm
- Capacity: 40 Litre Tank
- Kit includes: Plastic bucket with rollers, separation grid, handle & sponge float, plus a sponge float with long handle
- Specification: Wash bucket made from high quality plastic
- Consumable sponge with wooden backing, on a wooden plate to ensure perfectly flat & smooth grout joints
- Brand: Raimondi
What is a Pedalo Washboy?
Traditionally grout cleaning tools for tiles or slabs, comprised of a simple bucket and a large sponge, that were used to clean up grout that has been pointed into tile joints. The development of wash-boys & pedalos have completely revolutionised grouting, saving tilers and landscapers time and money, enabling them to complete projects faster and more efficiently. What’s more, because of the ergonomic stand up design of the plastic float with sponge, and the pedal and rollers attached to the bucket, there is also no longer any need to get hands wet and dirty, ensuring a cleaner job all round.
Simply put, a wash-boy allows a tiler to increase their speed when grouting and ensures that a perfect clean up is achieved.
What is included in a Pedalo Washboy?
A Raimondi Pedalo Large Floor Washboy Kit comprises of:
- A large 40 litre plastic tank
- Two adjacent rollers for squeezing out water
- A separation grid for waste water
- A plastic float with a sponge & handle
- A hand held float
- A rubber trowel.
How do I use a Pedalo wash-boy?
The Raimondi Pedalo Large Floor Washboy Kit is simple to use, you just:
- Apply the grout to the tiles or slabs as normal
- Fill the Pedalo wash-boy with clean water approximately 20-30mm above the separation grid
- Submerge the sponge into the clean water, squeeze the excess water using the pedal on the bucket
- For the 1st rough wash off, move the sponge in horizontal motion across the tiles and grouted joints to emulsify and rough clean off excess grout
- Rub the sponge in the bucket and across the separation grid to remove any excess grout (the grout will come off the sponge and settle at the bottom of the bucket underneath the separation grid, then squeeze the sponge again using the pedal
- Following this process, leaves clean water above the separation grid to continue to clean your sponge each time you dunk your sponge into the bucket to clean the grout off
- Continue to repeat the above process from step three on the 1st rough wash, making sure that you change the water approximately every 20 square mtrs
- Once the 1st rough wash is complete, change the water and repeat the process a 2nd time, adding ‘zero pressure’ onto the handle & sponge, cleaning the tiles off with the sponge diagonally revealing clean flags or tiles!
- Once all of the grout has been cleaned from the tiles, the tiles or slabs can be walked on the very next day!
Why should I buy a Pedalo wash-boy?
Pedalo wash-boys are an incredible bit of kit, especially for landscapers or tilers – because they make paving & tiling floors and walls easier on the back and knees. The Pedalo washboy ensures a faster, cleaner and more efficient project completion. It isn’t difficult to justify the cost when you see the benefits, a Pedalo is much more than a bucket or a traditional wash-boy – the main benefit for contractors is being able to work in an upright position, saving pain in the knees and lower back.