UltraScape Pro-Prime: Slurry Primer
UltraScape Pro-Prime slurry primer is a paving primer that is used to create an exceptionally strong bond between your paving slabs and the bedding mortar, it can also dramatically reduce the risk of efflorescence or staining appearing on the surface of your paving.
Traditionally, paving and cobbles would have been laid directly onto the bedding mortar, risking loose and wobbly slabs over time, using a priming slurry such as UltraScape Pro-Prime, helps to eliminate this as the primer creates a really strong bond between the paving slabs & bedding mortar. Pro-Prime Slurry is also highly recommended when installing porcelain because of the non-porous nature of porcelain, without the use of a primer it will not bond to the mortar bed.
- Highly recommended when laying porcelain paving
- Provides a secure bond between slabs, cobbles & mortar bed
- Fast, easy & simple application
- Coverage: approx 15sq.m per 20kg bag, per single coat
- Supplied in a 20kg reinforced paper bag.
- Provides an exceptionally strong bond between bedding mortar and all types of paving
- User-friendly – requires only the addition of water on-site
- BS 7533 compliant
- Part of the UltraScape mortar paving system
- NBS Plus registered for ease of specification
Use with the UltraScape BS 7533 Mortar Paving System, a range of high performance materials that meet and exceed the strict demands of BS 7533. Including a rapid strength fine bedding concrete – EcoBed and flowable jointing grout Flowpoint
Technical info & application
Mix seven litres of water to a bag of Pro-Prime and mix for 3-5 minutes until a smooth consistency is achieved. We ideally recommend using a brush to apply the Pro-Prime Slurry Primer to the underside of your paving slabs, cobbles or blocks at a thickness of 1mm-2mm, immediately before laying onto the bedding mortar.
If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call on or alternatively check out our Primer FAQ’s here: