FUGA-PAVE Part A: Hybrid Bedding Mortar Cement
Fuga-Pave Part A mortar additive has been specially manufactured to be mixed with sharp sand, to provide a really strong base for laying paving slabs, including porcelain & all types of natural stone to both hardcore and solid bases. The added fibres & specially formulated additive provide superior bond strength, workability and freeze/thaw resistance, compared with traditional sand & cement mortar mixes.
Fuga-Pave Part A cement based, bedding mortar can be laid directly onto MOT Type 1 to a min depth of 25mm height in every 1.5m distance (1 in 60). Utilising Fuga-Pave Hybrid Bedding Mortar makes the bed permeable, for the installation of all types of natural stone & porcelain. The ratios have been carefully calculated, you simply mix the bag of Fuga-Pave Part A mortar additive with clean, sharp (3 x 14L buckets or 6:1 ratio) and a small amount of water to a batter-like, creamy consistency.
We also recommend the backs of paving slabs or tiles should be primed using Fuga-Pave Part B Slurry Primer before laying, to further improve bond strength and eliminate risk of efflorescence. The slurry, bedding primer is painted onto the underside of paving units, and used between the paving and bedding mortar layer to improve adhesion to the bedding mortar.
Fuga-Pave Parts A, B & C when used together and installed correctly come with a lifetime warranty, backed by Aqua Cut.
About Fuga-Pave bedding mortar mix
- Material Type: Cementitious coloured powder with polymers
- Application: Ideal for both internal & external applications
- Application Method: Spade/Trowel
- Recommended Uses: Porcelain & Natural Stone
- Fuga-Pave Parts A Bedding Mortar, Part B Primer & Part C Grout when used together and installed correctly come with a lifetime warranty, backed by AquaCut.
- Size 20KG multi-layer paper bag
- Hybrid Cement Paving Mortar
- 7 to 1 mix ratio = 35n per mm strength (4.7 No 14 litre buckets of sand per bag)
- Coverage 3.7m2 per mix (At 25mm bed depth)
- Polymer Modified Cement
- Fibre Reinforced
- Easy to mix and apply
- When used with Fuga-Pave Primer creates a strong Monolithic bond.
- Far superior bond and compression strength to traditional fixing methods.
What is Fuga-Pave Part A Hybrid Bedding Mortar Cement?
Fuga-Pave Part A is a mortar additive which has been designed to be mixed with sharp sand/grit to create a really strong, durable, permeable bedding mortar for laying all types of paving. When mixed together the additive & sand create a hybrid bedding mortar which creates a really strong base, with improved bond strength, workability and freeze/thaw resistance. Fuga-Pave Part A outperforms traditional sand & cement mortar mixes, and is ideal for laying & all types of natural stone and porcelain, to hardcore and solid bases.
The combination of fibres and specially formulated additives in Fuga-Pave Part A Bedding Mortar give superior bond strength over traditional cement: sand mortar mixes – up to 60% stronger, as well as improving the overall performance, workability and freeze/thaw resistance of the fully mixed mortar.
In simple terms Fuga-Pave Part A Hybrid Bedding Mortar is:
- Easy to mix with sharp sand & water, three 14L buckets of sand to one part hybrid cement. The hybrid cement has everything in it to achieve a solid mortar bed and bond
- Excellent coverage – each 20kg bag should cover 3.7m2 at the minimum 25mm depth
- Economical – almost 20% cheaper than traditional sand+cement+additives! FUGA-PAVE Part A Bedding Mortar has a superior performance.
- Easy to apply, it trowels well with a smooth, creamy feel, easing the installation of the flags.
- No sagging or slumping – holds flags well
- Doesn’t ooze – prevents mortar penetrating the surface of the flag, making grout applications easier
- Permeable – particularly important for installations of stone & cement based products, allowing quicker curing and less chance of moisture migration causing staining and efflorescence
Parts A the bedding mortar additive, Part B the paving primer & Part C the hybrid paving grout when used together enable fixing of all types of natural stone, porcelain and other low absorption types of paving to both hardcore and solid bases.
What is the FUGA-PAVE ABC paving system?
Fuga-Pave ABC complete paving installation system has been designed for use with porcelain, natural stone and cementitious products for all external installations. The products are also suitable for heavily trafficked areas. FUGA-PAVE ABC is very simple to use. Just mix Part A (hybrid mortar cement) with suitable clean grit sand and water. Part B (slurry primer) and Part C (hybrid grout) are each mixed with clean water.
This superior paving system is a first in the porcelain market. The Fuga-Pave ABC installation system is the only system on the market guaranteed to last and keep your patio completely movement free. It comes backed with a lifetime guarantee from the manufacturer!
For more information or for help with calculations, call ☎️ 0330 122 1025