Instaband ECO: Thermoplastic Overbanding Tape (Box of 12)
Instaband ECO is a thermoplastic over-banding tape which has been designed for application around pothole repairs, to prevent water ingress and progressive fretting. It has been HAPAS Approved since 2012 and prevents water ingress immediately, prolonging the life of your repair. It is ideal for use as a complete system, with SCJ Cold Joint Spray, Instant Road Repair, and Permanent Pothole Repair – PPR.
- Quick and easy to apply
- Fast installation
- Open to traffic: 10 minutes
- Elastic qualities accommodate thermal movement
- 60 SRV
- No waste – cut as required
- The Premier tarmac jointing tape
- Designed for preventing water ingress and progressive fretting
- Prevents water ingress immediately after application.
- NBS Plus registered for ease of specification
- This pack is a box of 12 rolls
What is Thermoplastic Overbanding Tape?
Thermoplastic bitumen overbanding tape, is a bituminous tape that provides an instant seal when applied over cracked asphalt or failed reinstatement joints on road surfaces. For use with pothole repair such as IRR 6 & 10mm, PPR and SCJ-750 Cold Joint Spray.
How to apply Instaband Eco Thermoplastic Overbanding Tape
- Preheat the surface making sure it is completely free from moisture.
- Remove Instaband ECO from its protective wrapping and roll out on to the road surface, beaded side up.
- Once in place, heat the Instaband ECO with a propane torch. The heat should be applied from a distance of approximately 200-400mm (8”-16”) from the material. Heat in a slow even sweeping motion making sure you do not spot-heat any area, as this may scorch the material causing discolouration.
- Instaband ECO® must be heated until the material starts to bubble and melt.
- Depending on air temperature, Instaband ECO will cool down and harden within 5-10 minutes of installation. When this has occurred, check for correct installation by trying to lift parts of the material at the edges using a knife or a chisel. If this can be lifted, simply reapply heat until adequate bonding has occurred.