Big Spin Hurricane 250 x 5mm Tile Spacer Bases (For Deep Tiles 15-25mm)
Big Spin Hurricane Tile Spacer Bases are designed as a unique 2 piece installation system for precisely fitting deeper 15-25mm tiles & slabs such as Porcelain, Marble & Stone. Perfect for tiles that require a 5mm grout joint with no lippage.
Purchased alongside the Big Spin Hurricane Caps, this tile levelling system helps you to achieve a perfect 5mm joint, and enables you to perfectly align, space, level and hold each tile whilst the tile adhesive is setting.
Tile spacers are essential for tilers and paving contractors looking for precision placement of tiles & paving slabs.
Also available in 1, 2, 3 & 4mm tile spacer sizes click here:
- 250 x 5mm Tile Spacer Bases (Red)
- Designed for fitting large format Porcelain, Marble & Stone tiles from 15mm to 25mm thick
- Ensures an even 5mm grout line
- Interchangeable with our BIG SPIN level system
- For wall & floor tiles from 15-25mm
- Part of the 2 part system for perfect tile-to-tile alignment – for the Tile Caps click here:
- Big Hurricane Tile Spacer Bases Product Code: BSHBD176
Big Spin Hurricane 250 x 5mm Tile Spacer Bases are ideal for:
- Natural Stone
- Indian Sandstone
Big Spin Hurricane 250 x 5mm Tile Spacer Bases Technical Information:
- 250 Tile Spacer Bases per pack (Red)
- Supplied in a handy plastic tub
- Fast installation combined with Big Spin Hurricane Caps due to easy spin technology
- For perfect Tile-to-Tile levelling
- Durable construction for a secure installation
- Specifically designed break-off point on clips for fast ‘kick off’ removal
- Produces 5mm even joint spacing & grout line
- For wall & floor tiles, and paving slabs from 15-25mm
- Perfect for Porcelain, Marble & Stone Tiles
How to use Big Spin Hurricane 250 x 5mm Tile Spacer Bases & Caps:
- Begin by spreading your tile adhesive over the flooring surface
- Slide the Big Hurricane Tile Levelling Spacer Base underneath the tile until the base is sitting flush with the tile
- 4 tile spacers are recommended per square tile, to ensure all corners are flush with the neighbouring tile, for larger format or planks you may need 6 spacers
- Lay another tile next to the tile with the clip, rotate & apply pressure to your base until it’s level & flush with the adjacent tile then place the tile cap and spin down to secure into place
- You are looking to push any high edges down on the tile, to make the surface flat and flush across the tiles. The Big Hurricane Levelling Kit will keep the tiles in place whilst your adhesive cures overnight, eliminating any slumping or sinkage
- Once you are ready to grout, you must spin the cap off the tile spacer base by either ‘kicking it off’ or using a mallet to knock the disposable clips away
- The Big Hurricane Cap can be stored away in the tub for the next job – to purchase the caps, click here:
Remember to clean up any excessive mortar from the tile levelling spacer and cap to ensure easy removal.
What is a Tile Levelling System?
Tile levelling systems are designed for perfect tile-to-tile alignment. They allow the paving or tiling contractor to level, align, space and hold each individual tile. Tile spacers & caps form the levelling system that create a perfectly symmetrical surface, with accurate spaces between each tile for a uniform, precision joint when grouting.