UltraScape Perma-bed: Permeable Bedding Mortar
UltraScape Perma-bed is specifically formulated as a permeable bedding mortar for laying natural stone paving, cobbles, concrete paving, flags and block paving. This superior bedding mortar has been specifically designed to freely drain away any surface or ponded water on your patio or paved area, and reduces the risk of staining, or salts & efflorescence rising from the underside of the paving slabs.
UltraScape Perma-bed is supplied pre-blended in 25kg bags, and mixes easily onsite with the addition of water. It can be laid from 10mm to 100mm in one pass, with greater depths achieved using the layer on layer method. Once laid the bedding mortar can take foot traffic after just 12 hours and cars or bikes after 24 hours.
UltraScape Perma-bed is fully permeable and is frost resistant, use alongside PremJoint Brush-in Paving Grout for any patio or paving installation that needs a free draining solution.
To increase overall product performance, prime the supporting layer with Ultrascape Pro-Prime before applying UltraScape perma-bed!
- Can be laid from 10-100mm in one pass
- Shrinkage compensated
- BS 7533 compliant –allows the free passage of
water through it
- Reduces water penetration related pavement
- Reduces the likelihood of reflective staining
- Freeze/thaw resistant
- Small contractor friendly units
- Pre-blended – just add water
- Open to pedestrian traffic in 12 hours
- Open to vehicular traffic in 24 hours
- Should not be used in temperatures below 5°C
- Coverage 1 X 25kg bag = 1m2 @12.7mm (approximately)
- Colour Grey
- Shelf life from date of manufacture in correct conditions for sealed bags is 8 months
- Store between 5°C and 30°C in unopened bags, clear of the ground in cool dry conditions.
It is extremely important that the surface for your bedding layer for your patio is stable and not liable to settlement or heave. Supporting structures must be cleaned, pre-soaked and all ponded water must be removed prior to application. To improve bond strength and prevent efflorescence the bedding layer and pavers can be primed using UltraScape Pro-Prime slurry primer. (Please note that this product is suitable only for bound/rigid construction, not for unbound/flexible applications).
Simply add 1.75 litres of clean water to a suitable mixing bucket. Slowly add the contents of the 25kg bag of Perma-bed. Mix with a mixer for between 3 – 5 minutes, do not add extra water or part mix bags!
For further information on UltraScape Perma-bed, or to receive a copy of the data sheet please call our team on 0845 862 1099 or contact us at email@example.com