UltraFloor Suppress IT: Moisture Vapour Suppressant 5 Litre
UltraFloor’s Suppress IT: Moisture Vapour Suppressant is a rapid drying primer membrane that will suppress residual construction moisture so you can install floor coverings within a much quicker time frame.
The single component, two-coat rapid drying moisture suppressant primer membrane, is a water based, solvent free formulation, designed to suppress residual construction moisture – up to 95% relative humidity in cementitious subfloors (when tested with a properly calibrated surface hygrometer in accordance with BS 8203). Allowing much earlier installation of floor coverings. To aid easy application when rollering on, Suppress IT is pigmented orange enabling easy identification.
Specifically designed for use over a variety of substrates including concrete floors, sand/cement screeds and most absorbent construction materials.
Water-based and solvent-free, Suppress IT is ready-to-use. Two coats must be applied. A 5-litre bottle will cover an area of approximately 16.5m².
Please note: UltraFloor Suppress IT should not be used in projects where hydrostatic pressure is a concern. In such cases the use of pressure relief drainage and/or external tanking systems must be the primary method of protection against moisture.
It is not suitable for use with very dense substrates. When the product is to be used with underfloor heating (please contact us or further information on 0330 122 1025).
UltraFloor Suppress IT: Moisture Vapour Suppressant 5 Litre Features & Benefits
- Water based, solvent free formulation
- Single component
- Up to 95% RH protection
- Removes the need to prime
- Coverage: approx 16.5m² based on two coats
- Resealable bottle, eliminating waste
- Pigmented orange for coverage control
- NBS Plus registered for ease of specification
- No priming required
- Size: 5-litre bottle (buy 4x to qualify for this price)
- CLEANING: Any tools and equipment can be cleaned using warm water immediately after use.
- STORAGE: To be kept out of direct sunlight and should be stored at temperatures between 5oC-30oC at all times. If allowed to freeze, UltraFloor cannot guarantee product performance.
- SHELF LIFE A minimum of 12 months when stored between 5oC-30oC.
- DISPOSAL: Once mixed up the product will cure to give an inert material and does not require special disposal. Uncured material should be disposed of accordingly (see relevant UltraFloor product material safety data-sheet).
How do I apply UltraFloor Suppress IT Moisture Vapour Suppressant?
- Shake the bottle to mix the contents immediately prior to use.
- Do not add water or dilute UltraFloor Suppress IT – it is ready to use.
- Ensure you do not use this product when the temperature is below 10°C and/or the substrate temperature is below 5°C.
- Apply the first coat using a suitable pre-coated roller (ideally a lamb’s wool roller) in one direction at a coverage rate of 150g/m2, ensuring that the material is worked well into the substrate.
- Apply second coat, when the first coat is dry, approximately 20-30 minutes at 20°C, perpendicular to the first coat at a coverage rate of 150g/m2.
- Allow to dry, approximately 30-60 minutes at 20°C.
- When applied to absorbent surfaces, the membrane can be absorbed into the substrate leaving a subdued shine. In such instances or where pinholes, cavities and weak patches are present a further coat may be required.
- When dry it is essential that a pinhole free coating is achieved and to maintain a coverage rate of 150g/m2 per coat, as a two-coat application you must mark out the required area in accordance with the coverage rate section.
- UltraFloor Suppress IT must be overlaid within 12 hours of the membrane curing to provide an absorbent surface for the suitable application of adhesives. If the membrane is not covered within 12 hours of curing a further coat will be required and allowed to dry before proceeding with the application of the underlayment.