UltraCrete Instant Road Repair 6mm 25KG Bag.
UltraCrete Instant Road Repair 6mm grade has been manufactured to fix potholes in footpaths, footways and cycle tracks. It has been HAPAS approved since 2002 and provides a first time permanent repair, which means that pavements & cycle tracks can be opened to pedestrians instantly. UltraCrete Instant Road Repair is continuously specified as a pothole filler for use by local authorities due to the estimated 900,000 potholes reported in the UK every year.
- Suitable for permanent pothole repairs
- Can be used in all weathers – even in the rain
- Depth: 15 – 100mm
- Colour: Black (IRR Red 6mm is also available please ask our team)
- Approved for use on the London Underground and Overground
- Satisfactory for use as a PCSM in accordance with Appendix A2.4 of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 : Specification for the Reinstatement of Openings in Highways (SROH)
- Size: 25kg foil bag (56 per full pallet)
- NBS Plus registered for ease of specification
- Shelf Life: 6 months from date of manufacture in sealed units. Once opened, all material should be used up. (DOM usually found on the lid or side of tub or bag for queries please call 0330 122 1025).
- Top Tip: We recommend using SCJ-750 Bitumen Spray to create a water-proof seal in-between the old and new reinstated surface, as well as creating a solid bond and greater adhesion
- Top Tip: We recommend during colder temperatures, to store your bag of IRR at room temperature overnight prior to use, or alternatively placing it in the footwell of your vehicle with the heating on. This helps to soften the cold-lay making it more pliable, and easier to apply.
What is Instant Road Repair 6mm?
UltraCrete Instant Road Repair 6mm is a permanent cold-lay asphalt & pothole repair material for repairs to footpaths, driveways, carparks and cycle tracks. HAPAS Approved since 2002, it is instantly trafficable causing minimal disruption to pedestrians and road users. Suitable for planned and reactive repairs. Instant Road Repair 6mm can be used in all weathers.
How long does Instant Road Repair last?
When used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, Instant Road Repair 6mm is a permanent pothole repair material.
How long does Instant Road Repair take to set?
Instant Road Repair sets immediately and is instantly trafficable, causing very little disruption to pedestrians or motorists.
Can you use Instant Road Repair in the rain?
You, can absolutely use Instant Road Repair in the rain, however we do only recommend using it in light rain. If rain is forecast during the period you are due to complete your repairs, we’d recommend using either Tough Patch or PPR Wet that are water activated and designed to be used in wet weather.
What is the Shelf Life for Instant Road Repair?
Shelf life in correct conditions for sealed goods is 6 months, stored away from damp and drafts.
Why is my Instant Road Repair firm in the bag or tub?
Depending on how the Instant Road Repair has been stored, or if it has been on the bottom of a pallet and therefore compacted by other materials, the cold-lay tarmac may appear firm and just requires light pressure to reactivate the material and loosen it up.
How do I soften up my Instant Road Repair?
Applying light pressure, with your knee to the edge of the Instant Road Repair bag, will activate the binder in the mixture and will restore the material to its normal consistency. In particularly cold conditions, you may find that storing the material somewhere warm for 24 hours prior to use will soften the material in the bag or tub considerably.
What Grades does Instant Road Repair come in?
Instant Road Repair comes in either 6mm or 10mm grades.
What colours does Instant Road Repair come in?
Instant Road Repair comes in black or red.
Buying a Pallet of 56x bags? Click Here for free standard delivery to England & Wales