Ultracrete Instant Road Repair 10mm 25KG tubs
The UK’s No. 1 Pothole filler. UltraCrete Instant Road Repair 10mm is an instant cold lay tarmac, designed for permanent repairs in type 3 and 4 roads, footways, footpaths and cycle tracks. It has been HAPAS approved since 2002. Instant Road Repair offers contractors a first time permanent pothole repair, meaning that roads can be instantly opened to traffic creating minimal disruption to motorists & pedestrians. UltraCrete Instant Road Repair is regularly specified for use by local authorities to fill what is estimated to be over 900,000 potholes reported in the UK every year.
- Suitable for planned repairs
- Can be used in all weathers – even in the wet
- Depth: 30 – 100mm
- Resealable Buckets – zero waste
- IRR is approved for use on the London Underground and Overground
- Satisfactory for use as a PCSM in accordance with Appendix A2.4 of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 : Specification for the Reinstatement of Openings in Highways (SROH)
- Comes in 25kg plastic bucket (52 per full pallet)
- Colour: Black (IRR Red 6mm is also available please ask our team)
- NBS Plus registered for ease of specification
- Storage: Store in a cool and well-ventilated place.
- Shelf Life: 6 months from date of manufacture in sealed units. Once opened, all material should be used up. (DOM usually found on the lid or side of tub or bag for queries please call 0330 122 1025).
- Top Tip: We recommend using SCJ-750 Bitumen Spray to create a water-proof seal in-between the old and new reinstated surface, as well as creating a solid bond and greater adhesion
- Top Tip: We recommend during colder temperatures, to store your tub of IRR at room temperature overnight prior to use, or alternatively placing it in the footwell of your vehicle with the heating on. This helps to soften the cold-lay making it more pliable, and easier to apply.
What is Instant Road Repair 10mm?
UltraCrete Instant Road Repair 6mm is a permanent cold-lay asphalt & pothole repair material for repairs to types 3 and 4 high speed roads. HAPAS Approved since 2002, it is instantly trafficable causing minimal disruption to pedestrians and road users. Suitable for planned and reactive repairs. Instant Road Repair 10mm can be used in all weathers.
How long will Instant Road Repair 10mm last?
As long as IRR 10mm is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, it provides a permanent pothole repair material that will last for years.
How long will Instant Road Repair 10mm take to set?
Instant Road Repair sets upon compaction, so once the repair has been reinstated and tamped down, it will be instantly trafficable.
Can you use Instant Road Repair in the rain?
You can use Instant Road Repair in very light rain, however if rain is forecast for the period you are due to complete your repairs we’d recommend using either Tough Patch or PPR Wet that are water activated and designed to be used in wet weather.
What is the Shelf Life for Instant Road Repair?
Shelf life in correct conditions for sealed goods is 6 months, stored away from damp and drafts.
Why is my Instant Road Repair firm in the bag or tub?
Instant Road Repair may feel a little firm to the touch, but this doesn’t mean that the material has ‘gone off’. The cold-lay tarmac can sometimes appear firm in the bag or tub, and this can be due to how it has been stored, or how long it has been kept. However the majority of the time it just requires light pressure to reactivate the binder within the tarmac to loosen it up.
How do I soften up my Instant Road Repair?
Applying light pressure, with your knee to the edge of the Instant Road Repair bag, will activate the binder in the mixture and will restore the material to its normal consistency. In particularly cold conditions, you may find that storing the material somewhere warm for 24 hours prior to use will soften the material in the bag or tub considerably.
What Grades does Instant Road Repair come in?
Instant Road Repair comes in either 6mm or 10mm grades.
What colours does Instant Road Repair come in?
Instant Road Repair comes in black or red.
Buying a pallet of 52x tubs? Click Here for free standard delivery to England & Wales