Nexus ProJoint PolySweep: Polymeric Block Paving Sand
The quick and easy solution to filling joints between block paving, natural stone, concrete paving slabs & setts. Once cured, ProJoint PolySweep’s superior strength leaves a long lasting joint that is pressure washer, weed & frost resistant. With our clear set technology, the formula is stain free making it perfect for both professionals and DIY’ers.
Ideal for use with ProJoint 410 Enhanced Paving Sealer!
ProJoint PolySweep is available in two colours: neutral and silver grey.
- Superior strength setting sand for long lasting joints
- For block paving, natural stone & porcelain paving
- Premixed, brush-in formula for fast & easy application
- Stain free with advanced clear set technology
- Pressure washer, weed & frost resistant
- Ideal for joint widths from 1mm upwards
- Contains no Portland Cement
- From 1-10mm joint width | 20-100mm joint depth
Nexus ProJoint PolySweep Technical Information:
- System: Polymeric brush-in sand for block paving, natural stone and porcelain paving
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry, and frost free environment at temperatures between 5°c and 30°c
- Shelf life: 12 month from date of manufacture
- Packaging: 20kg bags delivered on shrink-wrapped packaging | 50 Bags per Pallet
- Colours: Neutral, Silver-grey
- Walk on curing time: 24 hours in dry ambient conditions
- Drive on curing time: 24 hours in dry ambient conditions
- Full strength: 28 days
- Sub base requirement: Full solid bed with a permeable bedding mortar or recommended 1:5 of sand and cement
ProJoint PolySweep is a very quick and easy paving joint filler designed for block paving, patios and larger paved areas.
NOTE: As sand is a natural product, some minimal colour variance may occur. As colours can vary, the swatch product colours shown are representative only – for colour selection, cured product samples are available please contact us on ☎️ 0330 122 1025.
Approximate Coverage Per 20KG Bag:
200 x 160mm Block Pavers
- Joint size 2 x 50mm: 12.3m2
- Joint size 2 x 60mm: 10.3m2
- Joint size 5 x 20mm: 12.4m2
200 x 100mm Block Pavers
- Joint size 2 x 50mm: 9.3m2
- Joint size 2 x 60mm: 7.8m2
- Joint size 5 x 20mm: 9.3m2
600 x 900mm Block Pavers
- Joint size 2 x 50mm: 50m2
- Joint size 2 x 60mm: 42m2
- Joint size 5 x 20mm: 50m2
Prior to installing Projoint PolySweep, ensure that the pavement joints and surface are completely dry and clean. Ensure that there isn’t a risk of rainfall for at least 12 hours after installation. If there is a possibility of rain shortly after installation, cover the area with a tarpaulin sheet. Remove the tarpaulin as soon as the threat of rain is gone. Install Projoint PolySweep when the average air temperature is above 5°c for a minimum of 48 hours after installation.
Your paving should be laid on a permeable bedding mix, as PolySweep cures when it dries out and water or rain must have a route of escape. Check that joints are cleaned out to a minimum depth of 20mm, observing a minimum joint width of 1mm. If you are using PolySweep on paving, ensure that it is firmly bedded and stable before filling joints.
Ensure that you always wear the appropriate PPE, including eyewear and a dust mask.
- Distribute PolySweep evenly across the surface. Sweep the sand into the joints until they are full, being careful not to push the product over too long a distance on the surface. After the joints are filled, sweep any excess product from the surface.
- For block pavers, run a vibrating plate compactor (wacker plate) over the blocks to allow the vibrations to consolidate the sand particles into the joints and reduce any voids. For paving slabs and setts, attach and use a rubber mat onto a wacker plate to vibrate sand particles into the voids. Alternatively, on smaller areas – using a rubber mallet with a piece of wood will suffice. Sweep any additional sand into the joints if necessary, so that the height of the sand is approximately 3mms below the pavement surface (do not overfill joints). Remove excess product from the surface. Repeat the compaction.
- After the joints are filled, sweep the surface with a soft bristle brush and then use a leaf blower held on a slight angle, parallel to the surface to remove any excess sand or dust from the top of the surface of the pavers. If you do not have access to a leaf blower, we recommend brushing the surface multiple times to remove all excess sand or dust from the surface. Try to avoid removing any excess sand from joints.
- Using a hose, gently mist the paving no greater than 45m2 at a time. Allow water to absorb for approximately 5 minutes and repeat the misting process three to four times, each time gradually adding more volume of water. It is crucial that the water penetrates through the whole joint, not just the top layer. The last watering should be sufficient to rinse off any residual material from the surface. In one of the joints, check the moisture depth in the sand with a screwdriver to see that it has penetrated through the whole joint. replace sand and only apply additional misting if the water hasn’t penetrated fully.
- Any residual surface water caught in the texture of the pavers or natural stone should be blown off the surface with a leaf blower or removed with a soft brush.
- Leave to cure. Projoint PolySweep contains no portland cement. Cure times are dependent on temperature and humidity, but as a guide paving can accept traffic after 24 hours. cool, damp and overcast conditions will decrease PolySweep curing speed.
Caution on application!
Do not apply too much water too fast. Allow water to absorb for approximately 5 minutes before repeating the misting process. Ensure the surface of the paving is clean prior to application. Projoint ultimate paving cleaner can be used to remove dirt, algae dust from the joints and pavers. Following cleaning, make sure the pavers and joints are completely dry prior to installing Projoint PolySweep.
Do not apply this product to any wet or damp surface because the polymeric sand will adhere to the surface and is difficult to remove. When pressure washing, keep the nozzle at least a foot away from the surface while at 40 degrees to the pavers, do not target the joints. Pressure washer surface cleaners are the most effective way of cleaning the pavers without harming the joints. Projoint PolySweep has a low level of permeability, therefore, pavers must have adequate drainage and/or falls
For any help with calculations and how many bags you’d need for your project, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on ☎️ 0330 122 1025