Joint-It Dynamic 22KG: Two-Part Resin Paving Jointing System
Joint-It Dynamic, is a cement free – two-part resin paving joint system that has been designed for use with both permeable & non-permeable beds, to extend the longevity of paving joints in outdoor paved areas and patios.
This two-part resin system consists of two separate components which, when combined, create a chemical reaction that results in a strong, flexible, and durable paving joint. Joint-It Dynamic is designed to withstand the extremes of the British weather; rain and temperature extremes.
Made for joints of at least 5mm wide and 20mm deep, Joint-It Dynamic is ideal for natural stone, concrete & porcelain paving. Joint-It Dynamic is available in three UV stable, beautiful colours, Buff, Grey and Black. For installation, all you need is a hard and soft brush, clean water, and a paddle mixer.
Key Features Joint-It Dynamic
- 22KG Tub, contains high quality sand, bottle of hardener & resin
- Comes in three UV stable, beautiful colours, Buff, Grey and Black
- Use with both permeable & non-permeable bedding
- Made for joints from 5mm wide and 20mm deep
- Suitable for very high traffic areas
- Manufactured with best-in-class resins & hardeners
- Exceptional durability
- Suitable for natural stone, concrete & porcelain paving
- Long lasting
- Non-staining, no efflorescence
- Weed, power-washer & frost resistant
- Apply in wet or dry weather
- Low maintenance
- A single tub of Joint-It Dynamic will cover approx. 18m2 (will vary depending on joint size as well as paving slab size used).
- Unopened, Joint-It Dynamic will keep for a minimum of 12 months when stored in a cool dry place
How do I apply Joint-It Dynamic?
- You’ll need two brushes and a paddle mixer to apply Joint-It Dynamic. A hard bristle brush on the wet paving, to brush the product into the joints, and a soft bristle brush to finish the job. You may choose a squeegee for very smooth stone such as granite, as a squeegee often makes it easier on smoother stone patios.
- Paving joints must be a minimum of 5mm wide and 20mm deep.
- Ensure paving is firmly bedded and stable prior to filling joints and laid on a bedding material that is suitable for the intended traffic loading. Joint-It Dynamic is ideal for use on both permeable and non-permeable bases.
- Clean the paving and remove all dust and debris from the joints before applying Joint-It Dynamic.
- Remove the lid from the bucket of Joint-It Dynamic, take out both bottles – Part A and Part B and put to one side.
- When you are ready to start the application, add both bottles of liquid – Part A and Part B to the sand inside the bucket.
- Mix thoroughly with a paddle mixer for 3 minutes to completely combine the mixture.
- Add 2 litres of clean water to the bucket. You can use the bottles provided to measure and add this water. This will also ensure all resins and hardeners have been removed from liquid bottles.
- Joint-It Dynamic should now be ready to apply to your paving.
- Thoroughly soak your paving slabs with water, ensure that the paving remains soaked with water whilst you work. Never allow the paving to dry as you work with the product, keep re-wetting throughout application – you cannot over water.
- Using a brush or squeegee, immediately apply Joint-It Dynamic into the joints, additional water can be added as you work to increase and ease the flow of the product into the joints
- Ensure paving is still completely saturated with water and that all joints are completely filled to the top.
- Wait 15-30 minutes in temperatures between 3-15°C. At higher temperatures, wait 10-15 minutes.
- Using a soft brush at a 45° angle to the joints, thoroughly sweep off all of the excess product from the top of the paving. Ensure all excess sand has been removed from the top of the paving slabs. Check that all joints are filled completely to the top, if not top up!
- For a smoother finish, use a finishing bar or trowel along the joints to strike off. If you are using a trowel or similar, ensure product is still filled to the top of the joints after use. Clean tools and brushes with copious amounts of soapy water after use.
- The paving should not be walked on for approximately 24 hours after Joint-It Dynamic application. We recommend that you gently test the joints to make sure they have set before walking on the paving. Extreme high or low weather conditions will affect how long Joint-It Dynamic takes to fully harden and set
- We recommend using Joint-It Premium Seal prior to laying paving where you are using Slate, Black/Blue Limestone & Honed Black Granite. These highly porous stones benefit from being pre-sealed to prevent drawing any of the colour of Joint-It Dynamic into the stone
- Please note that Joint-It Dynamic is not suitable for V joints or bevelled slabs.
What is the Joint-It Dynamic: Two-Part Resin System?
The Joint-It Dynamic two-part resin system consists of two separate components that, when combined, create a chemical reaction resulting in a strong, flexible, and durable bond between the joint and paving slabs.
- Joint-It Resin Binder: The binder provides adhesion and strength to the joint. It’s designed to withstand various environmental factors, including temperature fluctuations
- Joint-It Hardener: The hardener starts the curing process when mixed with the resin binder and ensures rapid setting and hardening of the paving jointing grout, ensuring that your patio is finished faster!
- Joint-It High-Quality Sand: Choose your sand colour – Buff, Grey or Black, the sand is sourced from the best quality sand on the market, colour-matched to ensure consistency and reliability.
Joint-It Experts Dynamic Top Tips!
Joint-It Dynamic can be used on both permeable and non-permeable bases, joints must be a minimum of 5mm wide and 20mm deep to ensure the product is secure.
We strongly recommend Limestone and Flamed/Honed Black Granite are pre-sealed prior to application of Joint-It Dynamic. Flamed, honed or Egyptian stone must be sealed both sides prior to applying Joint-It Dynamic or any other jointing material.
While this product is low maintenance, all patios require some level of maintenance annually, particularly in shaded areas or after the winter. A quick application of Joint-It So Clean will keep your patio looking fresh, clean and new. Please note that Joint-It Dynamic is not suitable for V joints.
🚀 Why Joint-It Dynamic?
✅ Easy Application: No real specialist skills required. Joint-It Dynamic is designed for everyone, making re-pointing your patio simple and effortless
✅ Time-Saving: Spend less time grafting in the garden, and more time enjoying your beautiful outdoor space. Joint-It Dynamic ensures quick and efficient application, giving you instant, long lasting results.
✅ Weather-Resistant Brilliance: Unpredictable weather? No problem! Joint-It Dynamic is engineered to withstand the elements, ensuring longevity and durability. And, can be used in the rain – even heavy rain, Joint-It Dynamic loves water!
✅ Stunning Aesthetic Appeal: Achieve a flawless finish that enhances the beauty of your outdoor spaces. Joint-It Dynamic offers a sleek and polished look, in three beautiful UV resistant colours that last -Buff, Grey or Black
✅ Versatile: Suitable for a variety of paved surfaces, from stone, porcelain to manmade – Joint-It Dynamic is ideal for patios, driveways, or garden pathways.
What is Joint-It Dynamic?
Joint-It Dynamic is a two-part resin paving grout for natural stone, concrete and porcelain paving. It uses a combination of resins and hardeners to create an extremely strong joint between your paving slabs, for a long lasting, durable patio.
Do I need to seal paving before using Joint-It Dynamic?
We recommend using Joint-It Premium Seal prior to laying paving where you are using Slate, Black/Blue Limestone & Honed Black Granite. Highly porous stones benefit from being pre-sealed to prevent drawing any of the colour of Joint-It Dynamic into the stone, leaving staining.
Can you over-water Joint-It Dynamic?
NO you cannot over-water Joint-It Dynamic two-part resin paving jointing system! In fact, if insufficient water has been used, the slabs may draw the colour out of Joint-It Dynamic into the stone, causing a temporary colour enhancement. This colour enhancement will disappear over time with weathering, it’ll take approximately 12-16 weeks to fade.
It is important to soak the paving before applying Joint-It Dynamic, and to keep it wet throughout application, particularly where you are working on a large area, as one area might dry out by the time you are brushing the product in, or in warmer weather conditions.
What colours does Joint-It Dynamic come in?
Joint-It Dynamic comes in three UV stable colours, Buff, Grey and Black. The colour of the lid on the bucket of Joint-It Dynamic denotes the colour of the product inside.
What types of paving slabs can Joint-It Dynamic be used with?
Joint-It Dynamic is suitable for use with all natural stone and concrete paving slabs including:
- Concrete Slabs
Can I use Joint-It Dynamic with Porcelain?
Yes, Joint-It Dynamic can be used with porcelain tiles and paving slabs. However porcelain is a naturally smooth, non-porous material (meaning water does not soak through the pavers) that doesn’t absorb water to the same degree as natural stone. When using Join-It Dynamic on porcelain we recommend that you keep both the top of the paving and the Joint-It Dynamic product saturated with clean water to make Joint-It Dynamic flow into the joints more easily.
Does Joint-It Dynamic discolour paving slabs?
In some cases if insufficient water has been used, Joint-It Dynamic can leave a residue which can accentuate any natural discolouration within the stone. This residue should weather-off within a few weeks. Sometimes this can take longer depending on the type of stone used, and whether there was enough water used during the application. There is no need to be concerned, as this will fade and the stone will return to its original colour.
To avoid any potential problems when using Joint-It Dynamic, please carefully read the instructions on the tub carefully before use. You can use copious amounts of water with this product, it likes rain and lots of water!
Different stone types will react differently, some stone is more porous than others. Please don’t be alarmed if there is any slight colour enhancement on your slabs as this will disappear after a few weeks. We’d recommend applying Joint-It Premium Seal prior to laying paving where you are using Slate, Black/Blue Limestone & Honed Black Granite. Highly porous stones benefit from being pre-sealed to prevent drawing any of the colour of Joint-It Dynamic into the stone.
In what temperatures can Joint-It dynamic not be used?
Do not use Joint-It Dynamic if the temperature is forecast to drop close to or below freezing within 12 hours of application. Joint-It Dynamic should not be used, around zero degrees because the water will freeze as it hits the ground making it too difficult to sweep the product into the joints.
Equally in hotter conditions, if the temperature is above 30°, we recommend that you wait until it is cooler in the evening or early morning before applying Joint-It Dynamic, because the water will evaporate too quickly to allow you to brush the product into the joints.
Not the right product for you?
Have you seen Joint-It Simple? Joint-It Simple is a water permeable, cement-free, ready-mixed paving jointing compound made from a mixture of specialist, non-hazardous, sands and adhesives.
Joint-It Simple is a Ready to Use Formulation, easy apply, ideal for porcelain and stone.
It’s long lasting, non-staining, weed, power-washer & frost resistant. Easy to apply in wet or dry weather, eco-friendly and available in 4 colours – Neutral, Grey, Dark Grey & Black.