Raimondi Smart Bucket Washboy with Sponge Float
The Raimondi Smart Bucket with sponge float, is the perfect economical wash-boy tool for cleaning both internal or external grout from both walls and floors. The Smart Bucket comes equipped with a Raimondi Sweepex sponge float, grating, handle and wheels. With two rollers mounted onto resistant sockets at a 15 degree inclination, this prevents the sponge float from touching the bucket rim, to avoid any water drips or spills onto your tiles, slabs and newly pointed joints. The rollers themselves also have relief edges, to avoid any water drips when squeezing water from the float. With a high capacity, durable water tank it reduces the need for frequent water changes speeding up the cleaning process. With an ergonomic shape, and no sharp edges it it’s easy to clean the water and grout residue from the bottom of the water tank itself.
- Weight: 2.2KG’s
- Dimensions: 570 x 300 x 250mm
- Kit includes: Plastic bucket with rollers, separation grid, handle & sponge float
- Specification: Wash bucket made from high quality plastic
- Brand: Raimondi
What is a washboy?
Traditionally grout cleaning tools for tiles or slabs, comprised of a simple bucket and a large sponge, that were used to clean up grout that has been pointed into tile joints. The development of washboys & pedalos have completely revolutionised grouting, saving tilers and landscapers time and money, enabling them to complete projects faster and more efficiently. What’s more, because of the hand held plastic float with sponge, and the rollers attached to the bucket, there is also no longer any need to get hands wet and dirty, ensuring a cleaner job all round.
Simply put, a wash-boy allows a tiler to increase their speed when grouting and ensures that a perfect clean up is achieved.
What is included in a washboy?
A wash-boy set comprises of:
- A large plastic bucket
- Two adjacent rollers for squeezing out water
- A separation grid for waste water
- A plastic float with a sponge
- A rubber trowel.
How do I use a washboy?
A wash-boy like the Raimondi Smart Bucket Washboy is simple to use, you just:
- Apply the grout to the tiles or slabs as normal
- Fill the wash-boy with clean water approximately 20-30mm above the separation grid
- Submerge the sponge into the clean water
- Push the sponge horizontally across the rollers to remove excess water, making sure non spills over the edge onto your tiles
- Move the sponge in horizontal motion across the tiles and grouted joints to clean off excess grout
- Rub the sponge across the separation grid to remove any excess grout (the grout will come off the sponge and settle at the bottom of the bucket underneath the separation grid.
- Following this process above, leaves clean water above the separation grid to continue to clean your sponge each time you dunk your sponge into the bucket to clean the grout off
- Continue to repeat the above process from step three until the surface is clean, making sure that you change the water regularly
Why should I buy a washboy?
We love wash-boys because they make projects faster, cleaner and more efficient. However, like a lot of professional tools it is often very difficult to justify the the initial cost until you can start to see the benefits, but a washboy is much more than a bucket and sponge, especially when you take into consideration the amount of time that you will save by using one, it doesn’t take a long time for the wash-boy to pay for itself.