Raimondi Easy Washboy Bucket with Sponge and 5 Bags
The Raimondi Easy Washboy Bucket with Sponge and 5 Bags, cleans paving grout such as Flowpoint, Fuga Pave or Larsen FJM from internal or external walls and floors. The high capacity, durable washbasin is equipped with 5 snug-fitting disposable plastic bags, that make it really easy to remove and dispose of grout residue and dirty water. The clever bag in bucket design mean that it’s now no longer necessary to clean your wash bucket after every use, super simple and really time saving!
The Raimondi Easy Washboy Bucket with Sponge comes equipped with the 5 Bags, Raimondi Sweepex sponge float, grating, handles, and wheels. The two sturdy rollers are mounted on wear-resistant sockets with a 15° inclination, which prevents the sponge float from touching the bucket rim, avoiding excess water dripping – preventing water from flowing over the bucket onto your newly grouted pavers!
The rollers also have relief edges, again to avoid dripping when squeezing the float. The high-capacity durable plastic tank reduces the need for frequent water changes, whats more the clever shape avoids any sharp edges so it cleans really easily if you run out of plastic bags!
- Weight: 2.7KG’s
- Dimensions: 570 x 300 x 250mm
- Kit includes: Plastic bucket with 3 x heavy duty rollers, separation grid, Raimondi Sweepex sponge float, wheels for easy mobility and 5 bags.
- Specification: Wash bucket made from high quality plastic
- Brand: Raimondi
What is a washboy?
Traditionally grout cleaning tools for tiles or slabs, comprised of a simple bucket and a large sponge, that were used to clean up grout that has been pointed into tile joints. The development of washboys & pedalos have completely revolutionised grouting, saving tilers and landscapers time and money, enabling them to complete projects faster and more efficiently. What’s more, because of the hand held plastic float with sponge, and the rollers attached to the bucket, there is also no longer any need to get hands wet and dirty, ensuring a cleaner job all round.
Simply put, a wash-boy allows a tiler to increase their speed when grouting and ensures that a perfect clean up is achieved.
What is included in a washboy?
The Raimondi Easy Washboy Bucket with Sponge and 5 Bags set comprises of:
- A large plastic bucket
- Three adjacent rollers for squeezing out water
- A separation grid for waste water
- A plastic float with a sponge
- 5 disposable grout bags
How do I use a washboy?
A wash-boy like the Raimondi Easy Washboy Bucket with Sponge and 5 Bags is simple to use, you just:
- Apply the grout to the tiles or slabs as normal
- Fill the wash-boy with clean water approximately 20-30mm above the separation grid
- Submerge the sponge into the clean water
- Push the sponge horizontally across the rollers to remove excess water, making sure non spills over the edge onto your tiles
- Move the sponge in horizontal motion across the tiles and grouted joints to clean off excess grout
- Rub the sponge across the separation grid to remove any excess grout (the grout will come off the sponge and settle at the bottom of the bucket underneath the separation grid.
- Following this process above, leaves clean water above the separation grid to continue to clean your sponge each time you dunk your sponge into the bucket to clean the grout off
- Continue to repeat the above process from step three until the surface is clean, making sure that you change the water regularly
Why should I buy a washboy?
We recommend wash-boys because they make projects faster (save up to 40% time compared with traditional cleaning with a hose and water), cleaner and more efficient. However, like a lot of professional tools it is often very difficult to justify the the initial cost until you can start to see the benefits, but a washboy is much more than a bucket and sponge, especially when you take into consideration the amount of time that you will save by using one, it doesn’t take a long time for the wash-boy to pay for itself.