UltraCrete RED IRR 6mm: Cold Lay Asphalt
UltraCrete Instant Road Repair RED is a 6mm grade cold-lay tarmac in a tub, which is ideal for permanent repairs to driveways, cushions and ramps, bus lanes, cycle tracks, bus stops and colour coded car parking. IRR RED has been HAPAS approved since 2002 and offers a first time permanent pothole repair which can be instantly driven over, causing minimal disruption to pedestrians and motorists.
UltraCrete Instant Road Repair 6mm RED includes fully graded, high PSV interlocking aggregate, which has a high skid resistance – as well as containing specially formulated bitumen, containing polymers and flexibilisers. IRR RED also forms part of the UltraCrete HAPAS Approved Ironwork Reinstatement System, and is ideal for use as a PCSM in accordance with Appendix A2.4 of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1999: Specification for the Reinstatement of Openings in Highways (SROH), Third Edition, April 2010
- Suitable for planned and reactive pothole repairs
- Can be used in all weathers including the wet – ideal for rainy days
- Use with SCJ Seal and Tack spray for a permanent repair
- Depth: 15 – 100mm
- Resealable 25KG tubs – no waste
- Approved for use on the London Underground and Overground
- Satisfactory for use as a PCSM in accordance with Appendix A2.4 of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 : Specification for the
- Reinstatement of Openings in Highways (SROH)
- Size: 25kg bucket
We also recommend using a cold joint spray such as SCJ to create a water proof barrier on the inside surface of your reinstatement, SCJ Cold Joint Spray will also help with adhesion and bond strength.
Want to know how to prepare and fill your pothole?
Follow these eight simple steps to fill a pothole:
- Clear the area of dirt and debris
- Cut a neat, vertical ‘picture frame’ around the pothole using a circular saw
- Remove loose tarmac from the hole
- Seal the edges with a cold jointing spray
- Pour your pothole repair into the hole and tamp down
- For larger holes, spray more cold joint spray into the hole, and add an additional layer of pothole repair
- Thoroughly tamp down your final surface course
- Once fully compacted, the pothole can be driven or walked over immediately
For further information please read our handy FAQ’s here – or contact us on ☎️ 0845 862 1099