UltraFloor DPM IT: Rapid Curing Primer Membrane 5Kg
UltraFloor’s Rapid Curing Primer Membrane is a two component, solvent free epoxy resin system for use as a surface damp proof membrane and as a screed bonding aid (primer) for industrial flooring applications. DPM IT has been designed to provide protection against subfloor moisture and as a primer for bonded screed installations. DPM IT activates via a reaction between the resin and hardener components, to give a durable continuous membrane. When mixed the product is black in colour enabling easy identification of applied areas.
UltraFloor DPM IT is suitable for use as a DPM to suppress residual moisture in concrete and sand/cement screeds where the moisture levels are 98% RH or less, when tested with a properly calibrated surface hygrometer in accordance with BS 8203. As a two-coat application it may be used on subfloors where there is an absence of a constructional base DPM, provided there is no hydrostatic pressure. In some circumstances it may be used over cementitious screeds incorporating warm water underfloor heating systems. It is also ideal for use as a primer/screed bonding agent for installations of polymer modified and proprietary cementitious screeds.
Please note: UltraFloor DPM IT should not be used in projects where hydrostatic pressure is a concern. In such cases the use of pressure relief drainage and/or external tanking systems must be the primary method of protection against moisture.
UltraFloor DPM IT: Technical Information:
- Surface DPM
- Two-part epoxy resin system
- Primer for bonded screed applications
- Fast cure system
- Dual chamber packaging
- 98%RH floor moisture tolerance
- 45-75 minutes pot life
- 5 hours cure time
- Specification BS EN 13813:2002
- DPM Classification SR-> B2, 0 at 7d
- Working time at 20°C 45-75 minutes pot life
- Internal floors
- Available in 5kg
- Walk on hardness time at 20°C 5 hours
How do I mix and apply UltraFloor DPM IT?
- Pierce the centre of the lid on the top chamber and push through to pierce the centre of the base also.
- Allow the material (hardener) to fully drain from the top container into the base. This will normally take between 3 and 5 minutes.
- Replace lid on the top chamber and remove the top chamber from the twin pack.
- Using a power whisk at slow speed, gradually mix the two components (resin + hardener) together. Keep the whisk below the surface to avoid entrapping air.
- Continue mixing for between 3 and 5 minutes until a totally uniform consistent colour product is attained. DO NOT OVERMIX as this can generate heat.
- If required use a flat implement to scrape materials from the side of the container to ensure they are fully mixed.
- UltraFloor DPM IT has a pot life of up to 60 minutes but for best flow characteristics it is recommended to apply as soon as mixing has been completed.
- Apply UltraFloor DPM IT to the substrate by pouring it onto the floor area to be treated. Always begin at the far point of the floor to ensure you do not need to walk over it after application.
- For use as a DPM the product should be spread using a suitable notched trowel to determine the correct coverage rate. Over roll the serrations using a short pile roller pre-wetted in UltraFloor DPM IT to ensure a uniform coating is achieved. This should be done immediately following trowelling.