UltraScape Pro-Prime Slurry Paving Primer
UltraScape Pro-Prime slurry primer is a paving primer that is used to create an exceptionally strong bond between your paving slabs and the bedding mortar, it can also dramatically reduce the risk of efflorescence or staining appearing on the surface of your paving.
Traditionally, paving and cobbles would have been laid directly onto the bedding mortar, risking loose and wobbly slabs over time, using a priming slurry such as UltraScape Pro-Prime, helps to eliminate this as the primer creates a really strong bond between the paving slabs & bedding mortar. Pro-Prime Slurry is also highly recommended when installing porcelain because of the non-porous nature of porcelain, without the use of a primer it will not bond to the mortar bed.
- Highly recommended when laying porcelain paving
- Provides a secure bond between slabs, cobbles & mortar bed
- Quick and easy to apply
- Colour: Grey
- Coverage: 15m2 per 20kg bag at 1-2mm thickness
- Yield: 16.9 litres
- Supplied in a 20kg reinforced paper bag.
- User-friendly – requires only the addition of water on-site
- Water Required: 7 litres per 20kg
- BS 7533 compliant
- Part of the UltraScape mortar paving system
- NBS Plus registered for ease of specification
- Workability: 1 hour @ 20ºC
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry and frost free area at temperatures between 5°C and 30°C
- Shelf Life: 8 months from the date of manufacture printed on the bag unopened in the above conditions. High temperatures and high humidity will reduce shelf life.
- Half Pallet Offer 24 x 20KG Bags (Tail Lift)
Use with the UltraScape BS 7533 Mortar Paving System, a range of high performance materials that meet and exceed the strict demands of BS 7533. Including a rapid strength fine bedding concrete – EcoBed and flowable jointing grout Flowpoint
How do I prepare to use Pro-Prime Slurry Primer?
Remove all debris, dirt and ponded water from the supporting structure or roadbase. It is important that the roadbase as well as the paving slabs are cleaned by brushing or washing with water to remove dust, loose material or packaging prior to the application of UltraScape Pro-Prime slurry paving primer.
How do I mix Pro-Prime Slurry Primer?
Place 7 litres of clean water in a suitable bucket or container. Add the UltraScape Pro-Prime powder slowly and mix for 3 to 5 minutes to create a smooth lump-free slurry. The primer should be used on the supporting layer or roadbase immediately prior to the application of the laying course UltraScape Eco-Bed / Pro-Bed HS. Then prime the underside of paving elements with Pro-Prime using a brush or roller at a thickness of 1mm-2mm immediately before their placement upon the bedding mortar.
How do I apply Pro-Prime Slurry Primer?
All surfaces should be pre-soaked with clean water immediately prior to the application of UltraScape Pro-Prime slurry primer. The supporting layer/roadbase should be coated with the primer at a thickness of 1mm-2mm immediately before the application of UltraScape Eco-Bed or Pro-Bed HS. The slurry should be fresh and wet when the fine bedding concrete is laid.