UltraScape Flowpoint Rapid Setting External Paving Grout
UltraScape Flowpoint is a flowable paving and patio grout ideal for filling the joints between all types of paving slabs & setts. Perfect for use on granite setts, sandstone, traditional limestone, porcelain, Indian Stone, Yorkstone and concrete slabs. The patio pointing mix comes in a handy 25kg bag, is simple to mix with water and a large bucket, is fast to apply and is rapid setting meaning your patio is pointed far quicker than using traditional methods of pointing and jointing slabs. The grout is simply mixed and poured over the paving slabs, then washed off after an initial 15 minute setting time to produce robust joints which stop weeds in their tracks!
Ultrascape Flowpoint exceeds all the requirements of the latest British Standard BS 7533. Flowpoint has been widely used over the last 20 years for a variety of projects including public realm, landscaping, streetscape projects and many domestic patios and paved areas. UltraScape Flowpoint is synonymous with fast application, cost effective and robust jointing – and is manufactured to last up to 40 years!
Use Flowpoint grout with:
- Granite setts
- Indian Stone
- Concrete slabs
(Not ideal with some darker limestone such as black limestone, can lead to slight oxidisation).
Flowpoint Technical info:
- Open to foot traffic in 1 hour
- Open to vehicular traffic in 4 hours
- Rapid setting with exceptional bond strength
- Shrinkage compensated
- Mixes quickly on-site with water in a bucket – one bag at a time
- Initial set after 15 minutes at 20°C
- Cool temperatures retard, warm temperatures accelerate (do not use in direct sunlight as product will go off rapidly).
- Economical to use
- Conforms to British Standard – BS 7533
- Ideal for large scale projects
- Available in Charcoal and Natural Grey
- Mix and use one bag at a time
- 25kg paper bags
How do I use Flowpoint?
- Ensure that your paving slabs & joints are free from debris and any ponded water
- Pre-soak the surface of the slabs & joints with water to ensure they are damp, but not drowned in water
- Pour a bag of Flowpoint into a bucket and add 4.25 litres of water
- Mix for 3–5 minutes until you have a smooth consistency, free of lumps
- Ensure the area is still damp, apply the mixture immediately by carefully pushing the Flowpoint into the joints using a rubber squeegee or using Please note: Flowpoint can set within as little as 15 minutes (at temperatures of 20oC) so you will need to carefully monitor the paving grout setting
- Move the Flowpoint grout across the paving surface to top-up joints where the mortar may have sunk
- Using a rubber squeegee to remove as much of the paving grout from the surface of the slabs – remembering to keep the surfaces constantly damp to prevent the grout from hardening
- Use a brush and lots of water – or alternatively a pressure washer or sponge machine – to remove any grout that has hardened on the paving surfaces
- Once the mortar is dry (after approx. 30 minutes), clean the surface of paving slabs thoroughly to remove any spots of mortar and prevent them from staining
- Your newly grouted patio will be ready to walk on after one hour, and can take vehicles after four hours
What is Flowpoint?
Flowpoint is a flowable, fast set, external paving grout which is ideal for filling the joints in patio flags, paving slabs, terraces and pavements. Once cured it prevents weeds from growing between slabs.
How long does Flowpoint last?
When applied correctly, Flowpoint slurry paving grout can last beyond 20 years without the need to grout the paving again.
How long does Flowpoint take to set?
After mixing, Flowpoint external paving grout can take as little as 15 minutes to set (temperature is 20oC). However, as a rule of thumb – the hotter the temperature, the faster Flowpoint will set, in colder temperatures it’ll take a little longer for Flowpoint to set.
Is Flowpoint grout permeable?
No, Flowpoint is non-permeable, cementitious-based grout – meaning it doesn’t allow water to pass through it once set.
Can you use Flowpoint in the rain?
Yes, you can use Flowpoint in light rain but ensure the paving joints don’t fill up with rainwater. Applying Flowpoint on a damp day can actually be beneficial, because it can stop the wet slurry from setting too quickly.
Want to learn a more about UltraScape Flowpoint, read our blog posts!
Want to order a pallet quantity?
Click here to be diverted to our 56 bag, full pallet deal which includes Free standard delivery.
Need a primer & bedding mortar?
We also recommend using the full UltraScape BS 7533 Mortar Paving System, a range of high performance materials that meet and exceed the strict demands of BS 7533. Including a rapid strength fine bedding concrete – EcoBed, priming slurry – Pro-Prime and flowable jointing grout Flowpoint.
For further help give us a call ☎️ 0845 862 1099