Ultracrete Instaline: Thermoplastic Road Marking
UltraCrete Instaline is a pre-formed thermoplastic road marking system ideal for the reinstatement of small line marking areas on car parks, roads and carriageways, following maintenance work, to enable instant road opening. Instaline thermoplastic road marking provides anti-skid resistance >55, is reflective and really easy to apply.
UltraCrete Instaline retains its colour fastness – with no fade, comes supplied without a difficult to remove plastic backing, plus there is no waste, simply cut and apply as required. Instaline conforms to the stringent guidelines as laid out in BS EN 1436:2007, with an anti-skid value of >55. Supplied on a roll, Instaline remains flexible and easy to un-roll in temperatures as low as 5°C – it’s easy to keep handy in the back of a van, and is ideal for small areas of reinstatement in car parks, and on roads and carriageways. UltraCrete Instaline comes pre-beaded; avoiding the expensive drop on glass beads, and is available in a range of colours Yellow, White and Primrose.
Ultracrete Instaline: Thermoplastic Road Marking Features & Benefits:
- Conforms to BS EN 1436:2007 as a road marking material
- No ‘difficult to remove’ plastic backing sheet
- Comes pre-beaded, avoiding the expensive drop on glass beads
- Remains flexible and easy to un-roll in temperatures as low as 5°C
- Excellent UV resistance providing long term colour fastness
- The only line that provides a skid resistance value in excess of 55, straight from the box
- Contains 20% glass beads, achieving high reflectivity for night time visibility
- Available in a range of colours; Yellow, White and Primrose
- No waste, cut as required
- Size: Yellow and White – 5m x 100mm rolls, 6 rolls per box. Primrose – 5m x 50mm, 12 rolls per box
Ultracrete Instaline Technical Information:
- Conforms to CEN/TC226, BS EN 1871 and BS EN1436 as a road marking material
- Made from thermoplastic hydrocarbon resin, consisting of aggregates, pigments, binders & glass beads
- Yellow – 5m x 100mm roll: (6 rolls per box)
- White – 5m x 100mm roll: (6 rolls per box)
- Primrose – 5m x 50mm roll: (12 rolls per box)
- Yellow – 30 metres per box
- White – 30 metres per box
- Primrose – 60 metres per box
- Not suitable for use in rain, frost or snow (ensure surfaces treated with salt or de-icers are fully washed, as Instaline will not bond with these substances).
- In warmer weather and when road temperatures are higher, the setting time for the material may be slightly longer (do not unpack more material than is necessary, as materials will harden when exposed to UV rays).
- Prior to use, to ensure pliability it is advisable to keep it warm in the footwell of a vehicle. Store in tightly closed original container in a dry and cool place
- Shelf life in correct conditions for sealed packaging is 12 months. In cold weather conditions application will be assisted by storing tape overnight at room temperature
- Instaline pre-formed road marking is made from long lasting thermoplastic material especially suitable for heavily trafficked areas, and has many times the lifetime of normal traffic paint.
How do you prepare the substrate prior to using Ultracrete Instaline?
Ultracrete Instaline is easy to apply on asphalt, tarmac and macadam surfaces. It is important prior to placing to ensure that the surface is clean, dry, and free of dust, chemicals and any significant oil substances.
How do you apply Ultracrete Instaline?
To help with guidance and placing, draw an outline in chalk for the correct positioning of the material. Pre-heat the surface making sure it is free from moisture. Remove the Instaline pre-formed road marking from its protective wrapping and place on the road surface, beaded side up (note: concrete surfaces will require priming before product application). Once in place, heat the Ultracrete Instaline pre-formed marking band with a propane torch. The heat should be applied from a distance of approximately 200–400mm (8”-16”) from the material. Use a slow even sweeping motion making sure you do not excessively spotheat any areas as this may scorch the material causing bubbling and discolouration.
Ultracrete Instaline Precautions
When the weather is warmer and road temperature higher, the setting time for the material may be slightly longer. Do not use Instaline when it is raining or snowing. Ensure surfaces treated with salt or de-icers are fully washed, as Instaline will not bond with these substances. Do not unpack more material than is necessary, as materials will harden when exposed to UV rays and take care in excessively cold weather, as the material will become brittle.
For more information a copy of the datasheet or to speak to a member of our team, call ☎️ 0330 122 1025