UltraFloor Prime IT Multi-Surface Primer 5 Ltr Bottle
UltraFloor Prime IT Multi-surface Primer is a moisture tolerant, water based acrylic primer, sealer and bonding aid, that is suitable for both porous and non-porous substrates. Prime IT Multi-surface Primer has been specifically designed to assist with the adhesion of UltraFloor Smoothing Underlayments.
UltraFloor Prime IT Multi Surface Primer reduces the absorbency of substrates, enabling flooring underlayments to flow, cure and bond successfully. Prime IT is recommended for use prior to the application of smoothing flooring underlayments and between layers, when multilayer applications are being carried out, to minimise pinholes and maximise interlayer adhesion. UltraFloor Prime IT MSP can also be used as a curing agent for cementitious based products, diluted at a rate of 1:1 with water.
UltraFloor Prime IT Multi-Surface Primer Features & Benefits:
- Moisture tolerant
- Enhances adhesion
- Reduces pinholing
- Can be used as a curing agent
- Pigmented pink for coverage control
- NBS Source registered for ease of specification
- Can be used on:
- Absorbent Subfloors: concrete, sand & cement, plywood
- Non-absorbent Subfloors: power floated concrete, epoxy resin damp proof membranes, steel mezzanine decks, plywood and asphalt
- Power Floated Concrete: (should be treated as non-porous)
- Tamped or Pan Floated Concrete
- Sand/Cement Screeds
- Existing Smoothing Underlayments
- Calcium Sulphate/Anhydrite/Hemihydrate Screeds
- Surface DPM and MVS
- Flooring Grade Plywood
- Cementitious Backer Boards
- Flooring Grade Asphalt
- Non-flexing Steel Floors (e.g. mezzanine decks)
- Existing PU, Epoxy Resin and Painted Floors
- Existing Adhesive Residues
UltraFloor Prime IT Multi-Surface Primer Technical Information:
- Application temperature (°C): 5 to 35°C
- Ready to receive smoothing underlayments: 1-2 hours (at 20°C)
- Size: 5 Litre Bottle
- Coverage: 200m² at 3:1 dilution
- Calculation for porous surfaces is based on applying one coat at 3:1 dilution, followed by one coat at 1:1 dilution
- Calculation for non-porous surfaces is based on applying one neat coat of MSP
- Tools should be thoroughly cleaned in water to remove excess materials immediately after use.
- Store in a closed original container at temperatures between 5°C and 30°C and out of direct sunlight and frost.
- Shelf life is 12 months from manufacture in above conditions.
- Please note: the use of this product after the end of the declared storage period may increase the risk of an allergic reaction
Coverage Rates for UltraFloor Prime IT Multi-Surface Primer:
|Porous||Coverage per 5 litre bottle||Consumption per litre of primer|
|Non-Porous||Coverage per 5 litre bottle||Consumption per litre of primer|
|Curing Agent||Coverage per 5 litre bottle||Consumption per litre of primer|
How do I prepare to apply UltraFloor Prime IT Multi-Surface Primer?
All surfaces must be dry and in a sound and stable condition free from contaminants that may prevent adhesion; such as dust, oils, grease, surface laitance, water soluble adhesive residues and weak smoothing underlayments etc.
Smooth dense surfaces must be roughened by mechanical scabbling to enhance the key. Subfloors should be tested in accordance with BS8203 to ensure a moisture reading of less than 75% RH should be achieved. Where this has not been attained or where there is uncertainty that the subfloor design incorporates a DPC then UltraFloor DPM IT or UltraFloor Suppress IT must be applied. All substrates must be at a minimum temperature of 5°C before, during and after application of the primer to ensure film forming and bonding is achieved.
How do I mix UltraFloor Prime IT Multi-Surface Primer?
Shake bottle thoroughly before use. Always use a clean mixing bucket and clean water.
How do I apply UltraFloor Prime IT Multi-Surface Primer?
Application of Ultrafloor Prime IT will depend on the type of substrate it is being applied to i.e concrete, sand & cement, plywood, asphalt, existing PU; epoxy resin & painted Floors, or existing adhesive residues, call us on ☎️ 0330 122 1025 to request a copy of the datasheet.
For more information a copy of the datasheet or to speak to a member of our team, call ☎️ 0330 122 1025