UltraFloor Patch IT: Rapid Drying Repair Mortar: Full Pallet 56 x 10kg Tubs
For a rapid drying, fast setting and hardening cementitious repair mortar for internal flooring applications, choose UltraFloor Patch IT Rapid Drying Repair Mortar. Patch ITs slump free characteristics make it perfect for vertical and horizontal repairs, it can be used for repairs in floors and small cracks in walls, as well as for creating coves and ramps and for repairs to concrete stair edges.
UltraFloor Patch IT is the ideal product for overcoming unexpected problems on site such as damaged subfloors, spalled areas of screed, for the infill of areas around pipework, and also for making good damage caused by previous trades – such as around windows and door frames.
UltraFloor Patch IT is a high strength, cementitious repair mortar suitable for use in domestic and commercial applications. When used in flooring situations UltraFloor Patch IT should be covered with an UltraFloor smoothing underlayment or must have a suitable floor covering applied. Any exposed areas should be primed after curing with UltraFloor Prime IT Multi-surface Primer. Its protein free formulation means it is ideal for use in biologically sensitive areas. UltraFloor Patch IT can be used on a variety of subfloors, and is suitable for use where warm water underfloor heating is incorporated.
A ‘slump-free’ formulation, Patch IT is the perfect for maintaining profile and is much smoother to trowel than other products. One tub provides coverage of 3.2² when applied at a thickness of 2mm.
This deal is for a Full Pallet 56 x 10kg Tubs.
UltraFloor Patch IT Features & Benefits:
- Slump free
- Rapid setting
- Maintains profile
- Smoother to trowel
- Coverage: 3.2m² at 2mm thickness
- 1-20mm thickness
- Opening time: 10 minutes
- Setting time: 20 minutes
- 30 minutes foot traffic
- Internal floors and walls
- Size: 10kg tubs
- Deal is for a Full Pallet 56 x 10kg Tubs
UltraFloor Patch IT: Technical Specification
- Specification BS EN 13813:2002
- Classification CT-C40-F4
- Working time at 20°C 10 mins
- Walk on hardness time at 20°C 30 mins
- Ready to receive floor coverings 90 mins
- Compressive Strength (N/mm²): (to BS EN 13892-2)
- 1 Day: 25.0
- 7 Days: 35.0
- 28 Days: 40.0
- Flexural Strength (N/mm²): (to BS EN 13892-2)
- 1 Day: 3.0
- 7 Days: 4.0
- 28 Days: 4.5
- Packaging: 10kg bag in oversized protective bucket
- Applied Thickness Coverage Per Unit
- 6.5mm = 1m2
- 2mm = 3.2m2
- 10mm bulked out with graded aggregate at a ratio of 1:1 by volume will cover approx. 1m2
- Tools should be thoroughly cleaned in water to remove excess materials immediately after use
- Store in a dry place between 5oC -30oC. When stored correctly and used within 8 months of the date shown on the bucket, the reducing agent activity will be maintained and the product will contain, when mixed with water, no more than 0.0002% (2ppm) soluble chromium (VI) of the total dry weight of the cement.
- Please note: NOTE: the use of this product after the declared storage period may increase risk of an allergic reaction.
How do I mix UltraFloor Patch IT Repair Mortar?
- It is important to only mix up the amount of product that can be applied within the working time of approx. 10 minutes.
- Do not try to reconstitute material which has began to harden off in the mixing vessel. Discard and mix up fresh material.
- Always use a clean mixing bucket.
Mixing instructions for Patch IT:
- Add clean cold water to a suitable sized mixing vessel.
- Gradually add UltraFloor Patch IT to the water whilst continually mixing.
- Add sufficient powder to achieve lump free mortar. The mix ratios are approx. 3.5 parts powder to 1 part water when measured by volume.
- Assess the slump characteristics by lifting material with a steel trowel and holding at a 90 degree angle.
- Add more powder (whilst further mixing) if required for vertical applications.
How do I apply Patch IT Repair Mortar?
- For application thicknesses in excess of 20mm it is recommended that the product is ‘bulked out’ using graded aggregate of nominal 5-10mm at a volume of 1 part aggregate to 1 part powder. The aggregate should be added to the mixed UltraFloor Patch IT and further mixed to attain a uniform product.
- For repair applications apply the mixed material using a steel trowel. Push firmly into the crack, hole or recess and smooth over with the trowel. NOTE: UltraFloor Patch IT should wet out onto the substrate. If the product ‘rolls’ off under troweling this indicates that the substrate will need to be dampened and/or that the mortar has been mixed too dry. Where clean neat edges are required it is recommended to apply the product to leave slightly proud of the surface and then trim off any excess using a wet trowel. This can normally be carried out after approximately 10-15 minutes. A further improvement can be made by further smoothing the surface with a lightly dampened trowel or sponge float.
- If an overall smoothing compound application is to take place after the repairs then follow the manufacturers guidelines with regard to priming. Normally an application of UltraFloor Prime IT Multi-surface Primer, diluted 3 parts water to 1 part primer will suffice. Allow to dry.
- For smoothing, ramping, resurfacing or coving applications apply the mixed UltraFloor Patch IT to the surface at the required depth. The area that can be applied will depend on thickness and working time of the mixed product so ensure not too large an area is attempted and enough time is allocated. Allow to firm up to resist finger pressure before finishing off by using a wet trowel or wet sponge (for curved areas). Where larger areas are being carried out it is recommended that a temporary framework be created and removed once the product has gone through its initial set. Adjacent areas can then be carried out. Always lightly dampen exposed edges to ensure a good wetting out occurs on subsequent applications.
- Do NOT attempt to smooth out using a spiked roller as this will leave a textured profile.