UltraFloor Screed IT UltraCem: Fibre Modified Cement Binder: Pallet Deal 48 x 20KG Bags
UltraFloor Screed IT UltraCem, is a fibre modified cement binder which, when mixed with graded aggregates and water, produces a fast drying, high strength screed that is ready to receive floor finishes such as ceramic, porcelain & natural stone tiles, wood, lino and carpet.
Screed IT UltraCem can accept light foot traffic after 12 hours and floor coverings can be laid after just 24 hours, and is therefore ideal for rapid reinstatement where early trafficking or overlays are required quickly. UltraCem is suitable for underfloor heating systems, and can be used both internally and externally.
Screed IT UltraCem has been specifically designed for highly trafficked areas such as hospitals, shopping centres, warehouses and airports – for general patching and repairing. UltraCem is compatible with thin cementitious systems such as UltraFloor levellers and thin resin coatings. Screed IT UltraCem is suitable for use where BRE screed test category A or B is required.
UltraCem can be used to form screeds that are bonded, unbonded or floating and suitable for use with underfloor heating. UltraCem formulated screed meets the strict requirements of BS8204-1.
This Pallet Deal is for 48 x 20KG Bags.
UltraFloor Screed IT UltraCem Features & Benefits:
- Fast Drying
- High strength
- Shrinkage Compensated
- Internal and External applications
- BS 8204-1 compliance
- Fibre reinforced
- Can accept light foot traffic after 12 hours and receive floor coverings after 24 hours.
- For highly trafficked areas such as hospitals, shopping centres, warehouses and airports etc.
- Rapid reinstatement where early trafficking or overlay is required.
- Suitable for underfloor heating systems.
- Suitable for internal and external use.
- Compatible with thin cementitious systems such as UltraFloor levellers and thin resin coatings.
- Patching and repairing
- Suitable for use where BRE screed test category A or B is required.
- 20 KG Bag
- Pallet Deal is for 48 x 20KG Bags
- Store unopened, off the ground, in damp and draft free conditions – protect from temperature extremes
- Shelf Life: 8 months in the above conditions
- Please note: the use of this product after the end of the declared storage period may increase the risk of an allergic reaction
UltraFloor Screed IT UltraCem Technical Information:
- Application temperature (°C): 5 to 35°C
- Density of mix (kg/m3): 2100 KG/m3
- Pot life of mix (minutes): 60 Mins
- Light foot traffic (hour): 12 Hours
- Application of ceramic tiles (days): 1 Day
- Application of natural stone (days): 2 Day
- Application of vinyl and wood (days): 4 Day
- Application of leveller (days): 1 to 4 Days depending on depth.
- Consumption rate is dependent on ratio, aggregate type/size and grading used. For doses of 250 kg of UltraCem per m³ of aggregate consumption is 2.0 – 2.5 kg/m²/mm of thickness.
- Curing and drying times are based average air temperature of 20°C, air humidity of 65% RH and good ventilation. Cold, humid, poor air flow or damp conditions will prolong drying & curing times. Applications to non-absorbent substrates and at thicker application depths will take longer to dry.
Strength Properties Bs En 13892 With Ultracem (7:1 Ratio) General Flooring:
|TIME (days)||Compressive Strength(N/mm²)||Flexural Strength (N/mm²)|
How do I prepare to apply UltraFloor Screed IT UltraCem?
All surfaces should be sound and in a stable condition. Surfaces should be free from dirt, dust and debris such as dust, oils, grease, surface laitance.
How do I mix UltraFloor Screed IT UltraCem?
To mechanically mix UltraCem, the aggregate and water – use a concrete pan mixer, forced action mixer, screw mixer or pressurised screed pump. Where mixing by hand, it is recommended to thoroughly dry mix the UltraCem with the aggregates, then add water a little at a time, whilst mixing until a “damp earth” mix is achieved, typically 5 minutes. The screed should hold together when formed into a ball.
Recommended mix for general flooring applications
- UltraCem binder 250kg/m³
- 0/8mm aggregate 1750kg/m³
- Water 100kg/m³
Please note: The water addition may vary depending on the moisture content of the aggregate being used. If it is not possible to obtain the specified 0/8 aggregate, then 0/4mm aggregate can be used instead.
How do I apply UltraFloor Screed IT UltraCem?
Correctly prepare the substrate to apply UltraCem modified screed. All screeds should be installed using correct concrete practice e.g. incorporating expansion joints, day joints and steel rods where required.
For unbonded screeds (minimum of 35mm thick): Isolate the substrate with a polyethylene sheet or similar. For rising damp, provide a suitable waterproof membrane. The mix must be spread, tamped and levelled as soon as possible ( must be within an hour of mixing). When floated, should provide a closed smooth surface without bleeding.
For floating screeds (minimum of 55mm thick): The screed is applied as above for unbonded screeds. Where underfloor heating pipes are present, there should be a minimum of 25 mm of screed above the pipes. The underfloor heating may be commissioned after 4 days.
For bonded screeds (minimum of 10mm thick): The substrate must be dry, sound and solid, free from cracks, dust, loose material, oil, paint, wax and traces of gypsum. Apply UltraScape Pro-Prime Slurry Primer onto the substrate and apply the UltraCem modified screed whilst the primer is still wet e.g. wet on wet. If the primer dries out it needs to be re-applied.
The UltraCem modified screed is applied in the same way normal screed is applied.
How long does UltraFloor Screed IT UltraCem take to dry and cure?
Curing and drying times are based average air temperature of 20°C, air humidity of 65% RH and good ventilation. Cold, humid, poor air flow or damp conditions will prolong drying & curing times. Applications to non-absorbent substrates and at thicker application depths will take longer to dry. UltraFloor Screed IT UltraCem an accept foot traffic after 12 hours and floor coverings can be laid after just 24 hours.
For more information a copy of the datasheet or to speak to a member of our team, call ☎️ 0330 122 1025