UltraFloor Feather IT: Rapid Drying Finishing Compound: Full Pallet 100 x 5Kg Tubs
UltraFloor Feather IT is a fast drying, extremely fine particle, high-polymer cementitious flooring compound. Feather IT is ideal for removing defects and smoothing out ridges from trowel marks, and filling in gouges or depressions in your floor surface. It offers excellent adhesion and is ideal for applications to a wide variety of substrates.
UltraFloor Feather IT has been specifically developed to enable subfloors to be smoothed over prior to laying decorative floor coverings including carpet, timber, stone, ceramic, porcelain and mosaic tiles. The very fine particle formulation enables it to be applied from 3mm down to a true ‘feather edge’. Feather IT is ideal for taking out defects and ridges in smoothing compound applications caused by trowel marks, for filling in gouges or depressions. It repairs damages caused by premature trafficking such as footprints and for general filling and patching of isolated areas, as well as where fine feather finishing is required such as at door thresholds.
UltraFloor Feather IT can be used between boards and to smooth over screwheads on mechanically fixed flooring grade plywood installations. It is ideal for use over existing cementitious subfloors including sand/cement screeds, rough concrete and existing smoothing underlayments. UltraFloor Feather IT is not recommended for use directly onto calcium sulphate screeds.
UltraFloor Feather IT can be used in both domestic and commercial projects and must always be covered with a decorative floor covering. Its protein free formulation means it is ideal for use in biologically sensitive areas. Feather IT can be used on a variety of subfloors, and is suitable for use where warm water underfloor heating has been layed.
UltraFloor Feather IT Features & Benefits:
- Rapid setting & rapid drying
- Full adhesion without a primer
- Ideal for areas with underfloor heating
- Coverage as a feather edge scratch coat: 22m²
- 3m feather edge
- Open time 10-15 minutes
- Foot traffic after 30 minutes
- Internal floors in both commercial and domestic settings
- Removes defects, gouges & ridges i.e trowel marks, footprints
- Ideal for use in biologically sensitive areas
- Size: 5kg
- Deal is for a Full Pallet 100 x 5KG Tubs
- Supplied in a sealed, plastic tub
UltraFloor Feather IT Technical Information:
- Specification BS EN 13813:2002
- Classification CT-C7-F3
- Working time at 20°C 10-15 mins
- Walk on hardness time at 20°C 30 mins
- Ready to receive floor coverings 15 mins to 1 hour
- Compressive Strength (N/mm²):
- 1 Day: 3.5
- 7 Days: 4.5
- 28 Days: 7.0
- Flexural Strength (N/mm²):
- 1 Day: 1.5
- 7 Days: 1.8
- 28 Days: 3.0
- Store in a dry place between 5°C -30°C.
- When stored correctly and used within 8 months of the date shown on the bucket, the reducing agent activity will be maintained and the product will contain, when mixed with water, no more than 0.0002% (2ppm) soluble chromium (VI) of the total dry weight of the cement.
- Please note: The use of this product after the declared storage period may increase risk of an allergic reaction.
How do I mix UltraFloor Feather IT?
Mix UltraFloor Feather IT with clean cold water in a clean container. A powder to water ratio of 2:1 by volume is recommended. The powder should be added to the water and mixed to ensure a lump free no slump material is attained, the product should not be free flowing. As the product has a high coverage rate it is important to only mix the amount of product that can be applied within the working time (typically 15 minutes at good ambient conditions).
How do I apply UltraFloor Feather IT?
- Apply using a steel trowel to attain a smooth surface.
- Typical application depth is 1mm or less although depths of up to 3mm can be achieved.
- For applications of 3mm and upwards it is recommended that a smoothing underlayment be utilised, however, for small isolated areas UltraFloor Feather IT may be used, applied in layers not exceeding 3mm each.
- Do NOT spike roller after application as this will create a surface texture.
- Once cured, the product will provide a smooth surface ready for application of floor coverings.
- Sanding down or priming should not be required.
For a copy of the datasheet or to speak to a member of our team, please feel free to give us a call on ☎️ 0330 122 1025