Raimondi Easy Washboy Bucket Plastic Bags x 20
The Raimondi Easy Washboy Bucket Plastic bags are disposable, thin but not too thin (so they don’t rip) and have a snug fit around the washboy bucket, making it easy to remove and dispose of cement or epoxy based grout residue and dirty water easily and safely.
The economical replacement bags for the Raimondi Easy Bucket save time cleaning the washboy, but are especially useful if you need to safely and carefully dispose of epoxy grout residue. Available in bundles of 20 bags, that hold 20 litres of water – they also have tie tops to allow the tiler to tie off any grout residue.
The Easy Washboy Bucket can be used for cement based grouts, however it was originally and specifically designed for epoxy grouts. The bag provides a secure way to collect epoxy grout residue that has to by law, be disposed of in an environmentally friendly way, that cannot be put into a normal skip, drain or water course.
- Weight: 0.1KG
- Brand: Raimondi
- For use With: The Raimondi Easy Washboy Bucket
- Industry: Tiling & Landscaping
- Material: Plastic, with tie tops
- Water Capacity: 20 Litres
- No. in pack: 20 x disposable bags
What is the Raimondi Easy Washboy Bucket?
The Raimondi Easy Washboy is a bucket and sponge float that cleans paving grout such as Flowpoint, Fuga Pave or Larsen FJM from internal or external walls and floors. The bucket has a high capacity, durable washbasin that you can use with the Raimondi Easy Washboy Bucket Plastic bags to make it really easy to remove and dispose of grout residue and dirty water. The clever bag in bucket design mean that you can easily lift the plastic bag with its dirty grout water inside, to clean your wash bucket quickly and easily, making it really time saving!
What is a Washboy?
Traditionally grout cleaning tools for tiles or slabs, comprised of a simple bucket and a large sponge, that were used to clean up grout that has been pointed into tile joints. The development of washboys & pedalos have completely revolutionised grouting, saving tilers and landscapers time and money, enabling them to complete projects faster and more efficiently. What’s more, because of the hand held plastic float with sponge, and the rollers attached to the bucket, there is also no longer any need to get hands wet and dirty, ensuring a cleaner job all round.
Simply put, a wash-boy allows a tiler to increase their speed when grouting and ensures that a perfect clean up is achieved.
How do I use a Washboy?
A wash-boy like the Raimondi Easy Washboy Bucket is simple to use, you just:
- Apply the grout to the tiles or slabs as normal
- Pop the disposable bag into the Washboy ensuring that the bag covers the rim securely
- Place the separation grid and rollers back onto the washboy.
- Fill the wash-boy with clean water approximately 20-30mm above the separation grid
- Submerge the sponge into the clean water
- Push the sponge horizontally across the rollers to remove excess water, making sure non spills over the edge onto your tiles
- Move the sponge in horizontal motion across the tiles and grouted joints to clean off excess grout
- Rub the sponge across the separation grid to remove any excess grout (the grout will come off the sponge and settle at the bottom of the bucket underneath the separation grid.
- Following this process above, leaves clean water above the separation grid to continue to clean your sponge each time you dunk your sponge into the bucket to clean the grout off
- Continue to repeat the above process from step three until the surface is clean, making sure that you change the bag/water regularly
- Dispose of the plastic bag with grout residue in a safe manner (Disposal usually to a licensed waste disposal site in accordance with local Waste Disposal Authority)
Why should I buy a washboy?
We recommend wash-boys because they make projects faster (save up to 40% time compared with traditional cleaning with a hose and water), cleaner and more efficient. However, like a lot of professional tools it is often very difficult to justify the the initial cost until you can start to see the benefits, but a washboy is much more than a bucket and sponge, especially when you take into consideration the amount of time that you will save by using one, it doesn’t take a long time for the washboy to pay for itself.