Larsen SLC 1500 Commercial Self Levelling Compound 25KG Full Pallet: 48 x 25KG Bags
Professional SLC 1500 Commercial is a single pack, fast-drying, hand or pump-applied cement-based underlayment. It is manufactured from a controlled blend of special sands, cements and synthetic polymers to give a high-quality flooring product, which is self-levelling and smoothing. For use in fast track domestic and commercial situations, such as, where levelling of up to 25mm is required, or when finishes need to be applied quickly. It is ideal for offices, dwellings, schools, hospitals, airports, etc. and is suitable for use over underfloor heating. SLC1500 should be overlaid with a suitable resilient floor finish (e.g. carpet, ceramic tiles, vinyl, resin coatings, etc).
Larsen Professional SLC 1500 Features & Benefits:
- Single pack
- Up to 25mm in one application
- Fast drying – apply moisture sensitive finishes after 24 hours
- Foot traffic in 2 – 4 hours
- BS EN 13813 CT – C30 – F7
- Packaging: 25kg multi-wall paper sacks
- Coverage: 25 kg will cover 1m2 @ 12.5mm
- Deal is for Larsen Professional SLC 1500 25KG Bags – Full Pallet: 48 x 25KG Bags
- Please note you will need a fork-lift on site to offload
- Store unopened, off the ground, in damp and draft free conditions – protect from temperature extremes
- Shelf Life: 6 months in the above conditions
Larsen Larsen Professional SLC 1500 Information:
- Mix Proportions: Mix a 25KG Pack with approx. 5 litres of water
- Pot Life: Approx. 60 mins at 20 degrees C
- Application Temperatures: 5-30 degrees C
- Bed thickness: >25mm (4-25mm when pumped)
- Light Foot Traffic after 2-4 hours
- Full traffic after 1- 2 days
- Covering after 1-2 days
- Coverage: 25KG will cover 1m2 @ 12.5mm
- Set: Start: 85 – End:100 minutes
- Shrinkage: <0.06%
- Compressive Strength: >_30MPa
- Flexural Strength: >_ 7MPa
- Bond Strength: >_ 1MPa
How do I prepare to apply Larsen Professional SLC 1500?
The building must be weather-tight prior to the placing of any screed material: the roof, external doors and windows must be in place, closed or covered, and taped to prevent draughts. All substrates must be suitable to receive the screed as per current good working practices. The substrate must be structurally sound concrete or screed, and be thoroughly clean, dry, and free from laitance or other contaminants which may impair adhesion. Suitable mechanical preparation of substrate may be required. Air and substrate temperatures must be greater than 5oC. Relative Humidity value of the floor must be less than 75% when moisture sensitive finishes are to be laid onto the SLC 1500.
Do I need to prime or use a DPM ahead of applying Larsen Professional SLC 1500?
Normal concrete/screed requires priming with Acrylic primer, diluted 1:1 with clean water. Particularly porous concrete/screed requires priming with Acrylic primer diluted 1:1 with clean water followed by a coat of Acrylic primer applied neat. If the relative humidity value of the floor is greater than 75%, Larsen DPM should be used – Apply two coats as directed with the dry sand (0.7 -1.2mm) scatter into the wet second coat at a rate of 2 kg/m2 (with the excess removed by vacuuming). For thickness of >25mm or heavy traffic areas, consult Technical Department for advice.
How do I mix Larsen Professional SLC 1500?
- Simply add 4.75 -5.25 litres of clean water to a bucket
- Add a 25kg bag of Larsen Professional SLC 1500
- Mix with a heavy duty drill and paddle for 1-2 minutes or with a suitable continuous mixer-pump.
Important: Do not add more than 5.25 litres of water for each 25KG bag, as excess water will cause a loss of strength in the product.
How do I apply Larsen Professional SLC 1500?
Pour or pump the mixed product over the floor. SLC 1500 will level out to a smooth finish. Where necessary, release air bubbles with a trowel or spiked roller. This practice must be carried out within 5 – 10 minutes of application. SLC 1500 can be applied up to 25mm (min 4mm when pumping). For thickness of >25mm, consult Technical Department for advice. The screed must be protected from draughts within the first 6 hours, if necessary doorways and windows should be taped up with polythene. Subsequently, ensure the room has sufficient ventilation to allow the screed to dry out. After installation protect the screed from following trades. SLC 1500 will accept foot traffic after 2 – 4 hours. Floor coverings can be installed after 24 – 48 hours depending on thickness of SLC 1500, substrate and site conditions. Should any trowel marks remain, remove with a wet trowel after 1-1½hrs.
For more information a copy of the datasheet or to speak to a member of our team, call ☎️ 0330 122 1025