Flowpoint Fine Rapid Set Paving Grout
New to the market, UltraScape Flowpoint Fine Paving Grout is a fast setting slurry grout that comes in a 20KG tub, it fills joints from 2-50mm and has a flowable, easy pour and apply consistency, that starts to set in just 15 minutes. Unlike Flowpoint Standard, Smooth or ECO that have a visible aggregate, Flowpoint Fine has a super smooth finish with no visible aggregate.
Flowpoint Fine is ideal for all commercial paved areas or domestic patios where a rigid or bound void-free joint is required. Ideal for applications on driveways, patios, town centre pedestrian schemes, pathways and carriageways – and perfect for projects where early trafficking is needed, it also conforms to the strict demands of BS 7533. UltraScape Flowpoint Fine can be used with natural stone, concrete flags, porcelain tiles and clay pavers.
Flowpoint Fine is also the perfect patio paving grout for creating a modern inside outside look. This easy apply, rapid-set, cement based exterior patio grout replicates the look of a super smooth finish, internal tiling grout, so for anyone wanting to create seamless flooring between their kitchen or conservatory and their garden, Flowpoint Fine is ideal.
Unlike traditional paving grouts, Flowpoint Fine is slurry grout, it’s faster to apply, less labour intensive and much kinder on your knees than traditional methods. Simply mixed with water, Flowpoint Fine produces a flowable mixture that is simply poured across the slabs, squeegeed into the joints, and cleaned down to reveal strong, durable, weed free joints that can last up to 40 years without needing to reapply.
Not sure how much you’ll need? Use our handy Flowpoint calculator!
Flowpoint Fine Paving Grout can be used on:
- Granite setts
- Indian Stone
- Concrete slabs
Flowpoint General Information:
- Ideal for narrow joints 2-50mm
- For use with all types of paving slabs, tiles & cobbles
- Economical to use
- Fine mixture, no visible aggregate (super smooth finish)
- Colours: Available in Charcoal and Natural Grey
- Coverage: 11.12m² approx, per 20kg bucket
- Mixes quickly on-site with water in a bucket – one 20KG bucket at a time
- Water required 3.4 litres per 20kg
- Workability 5-15 minutes
- Initial set after 15 minutes at 20°C
- Cool temperatures retard, warm temperatures accelerate (do not use in direct sunlight as product will go off rapidly).
- Open to foot traffic in 1 hour
- Open to vehicular traffic in 4 hours
- 20kg plastic tubs
- Full Pallet 40 Tubs per Pallet
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry and frost free area at temperatures between 5°C and 30°C
- Shelf life 8 months from the date of manufacture
Flowpoint Product & Technical Data:
- Rapid setting with exceptional bond strength
- Shrinkage compensated
- Bond (Adhesion strength) 1.5N/mm² after 28 days
- Compressive strength 49.6N/mm2 after 38 days
- Flexural strength 7.1N/mm² after 28 days
- Tensile strength 3.91N/mm2 after 28 days
- Conforms to British Standard – BS 7533
- Ideal for large scale projects
- We advise using Pro-Prime to prime the back of your slabs to increase bond strength and prevent efflorescence
How to mix and apply Flowpoint Fine?
- Firstly ensure that you have somewhere to push excess slurry grout and washed off grout into, such as an area of lifted grass. Never push excess Flowpoint into the drain it is a rapid-setting grout and will create a permanent blockage
- Then, check that your paving slabs & joints are free from dirt, debris and any pools of water
- Spray the slabs & joints with water to ensure they are damp, but not drowned in water
- Add 4.25 litres of clean water into a bucket, then pour in the tub of Flowpoint Fine Paving Grout
- Mix the paving grout with a force action mixer, or by hand for 3–5 minutes until you get a smooth consistency, that is free of lumps
- Make sure that your paving slabs are still damp, then apply the mixture immediately, carefully by pushing the Flowpoint into the joints with a neoprene rubber squeegee
- Keep a close eye on the the temperature – Flowpoint will start to set within 15 minutes at 20oC (remember in hotter temperatures Flowpoint will set faster, in colder weather it’ll harden more slowly. It’s also worth noting that if the air temperature is 25oC for example, your pavers will be much hotter so take care and keep your eye on the grout setting)
- Move the Flowpoint grout across the paving surface to top-up joints where the mortar may have sunk
- Once your joints are full, use a rubber squeegee, to remove as much of the paving grout from the surface of the slabs as you can – its important to keep the surface of the paving slabs constantly damp to prevent the grout from hardening
- Use a brush and lots of water – or alternatively a pressure washer or sponge machine – to remove any grout that has hardened on the paving surfaces
- Once the mortar is dry, after about 30 minutes, start to clean the surface of paving slabs to remove any spots of mortar and prevent them from staining, repeating the process with clean water as necessary
- Once clean and dry, the patio will be ready to walk on after one hour, and can take vehicles after four hours
Want to learn a more about UltraScape Flowpoint, read our blog posts!
Want to order a pallet quantity?
Click here to be diverted to our 40 bag, full pallet deal which includes Free standard delivery.
For further help give us a call ☎️ 0845 862 1099