UltraScape Flowpoint Smooth Rapid Set External Paving Grout
UltraScape Flowpoint Smooth is a flowable patio & paving grout which is ideal for porcelain, and filling joints from just 3mm between all types of paving slabs & setts. It’s perfect for use on granite setts, sandstone, limestone, Indian Stone, Yorkstone and concrete slabs – and particularly porcelain where a finer aggregate finish is required. The patio pointing mix comes in a handy 25kg bag so it’s not too heavy to lift, it’s really simple to mix with water and a large bucket, is fast to apply and is fast to set.
As Flowpoint Smooth is rapid setting it means that your patio is pointed far quicker than using traditional methods of pointing and jointing slabs. The grout is simply mixed and poured over the paving slabs, then worked into the joints with a squeegee, it’s then washed off after an initial 15 minute setting time to produce robust joints which stop weeds growing back!
For peace of mind, Ultrascape Flowpoint exceeds all the requirements of the latest British Standard BS 7533. Flowpoint has been widely used over the last 20 years for a variety of projects including public realm, landscaping, streetscape projects and many non-commercial domestic patios and gardens. UltraScape Flowpoint is known and loved because it’s fast to apply, cost effective and produces solid robust joints – it is manufactured to last up to 40 years!
- Flowpoint Smooth is available in Charcoal and Natural Grey
- Ideal for Porcelain, Granite setts, Sandstone, Limestone, Indian Stone, Yorkstone and Concrete Slabs
- Can fill joints from 3mm – 50mm wide, with a minimum depth of 20mm, up to 200mm in one application!
- Open to foot traffic in 1 hour
- Open to vehicular traffic in 4 hours
- Rapid setting with exceptional bond strength
- Shrinkage compensated
- Mixes quickly on-site with water in a bucket – one bag at a time
- Initial set after 15 minutes at 20°C
- Cool temperatures retard, warm temperatures accelerate product performance (be careful to not use in direct sunlight as product will go off rapidly).
- Economical to use
- Mix and use one bag at a time
- Conforms to British Standard – BS 7533
- Ideal for large commercial and domestic projects
What is Flowpoint Smooth used for?
UltraScape Flowpoint Smooth is a fast set flowable, paving grout for grouting patios and paved areas, for porcelain & all types natural stone. Flowpoint Smooth is ideal for paved areas which are rigid or bound, and where a void-free joint is needed. This rapid set paving grout can be used with all types of natural stone, concrete flags and clay pavers.
Use with the UltraScape BS 7533 Mortar Paving System, a range of high performance materials that meet and exceed the strict demands of BS 7533. Including a rapid strength fine bedding concrete – EcoBed, priming slurry – Pro-Prime and flowable jointing grout Flowpoint.
How do I apply Flowpoint Smooth Paving Grout?
Follow these simple ten steps to use Flowpoint slurry grout to fill paving joints:
- Firstly clean the paving slabs and joints so they are free from debris and any excess water
- Pre-soak the paving joints & surfaces with water to ensure they are damp – a light spray of water should be perfect
- Pour the Flowpoint powder into a bucket and add 4.25 litres of water
- Mix with a force action mixer for 3–5 minutes, until the consistency is smooth and free of clumps
- Before pouring the slurry mix, ensure that the area is still damp, apply the mixture immediately by carefully forcing Flowpoint into the joints using a rubber squeegee. Flowpoint can set within as little as 15 minutes (at temperatures of 20oC) so you will need to be quick, but careful
- Move the Flowpoint slurry across the patio surface to top-up joints where the mortar has sunk
- Use the rubber squeegee to remove as much of the paving grout from the surface of the slabs – still keep the surfaces constantly damp to prevent the grout from hardening
- Use a brush and plenty of water (or alternatively a sponge machine) to remove any grout that has hardened on the paving surfaces
- Once the mortar is dry (after about 30 minutes – depending on temperature), clean the surface of paving slabs thoroughly to remove any spots of mortar and prevent staining, you’ll be looking for clean water running of the patio
- The pavers are ready to walk on after one hour and can receive car traffic after four hours
If you’d like to learn a little more about UltraScape Flowpoint, the grades and colours it is available in and why it’s the UK’s favourite slurry paving grout, read our recent blog post ‘What is Flowpoint’ here, or check out our Frequently asked questions here! For any other questions don’t hesitate to call – ☎️ 0845 862 1099